Chapter 36

Later That night

Shout out to britneyspence Thanks for voting and allat. 'Preciate it.

August

I just got from downstairs and was headin' upstairs ta' relax. As I was 'bout ta' enter da' room, Mel called me.

"Yow bruh wassam?"

"I been hea'."

"Ayo tell ma I'ma take ya out. Haven't been rollin' witcha inna while."

"Aite see ya ousside."

I hung up the call and jogged back downstairs.

"Ma Mel ousside fa me. He wanna hang." I scratched the back of my head.

"Okay, see ya later then."

I went ousside and Mel just pulled up. Locking the do', I sighed and went in the car.

"Wassup bruh?" I dapped him up.

"You tell me, I mean you been actin' up wit' some crazy shit." He switched the engine off.

"I mean, I'm fine, I'm livin'." I said and he nodded in unda'standin'.

"Why did you come late ta' thanksgiving dinna?"

"I was busy-"

"Fuckin' wit' ol' girl yea?"

"Man it ain't even like da'."

"Well tell me how it is like then August!" He called me by my first name. Shit must be serious.

"Man-"

"You love men or women?" He ask.

"Man what the fuck typa question dat' be?"

"Ansa' da' fuckin' question man." He semi yelled.

"Man I love women." I said and he chuckled.

"You know I called Daina earlier ta' see if she's home safely and shit. You know who ansa' dah phone?" He ask. At dis' point, my heart start beatin'. The thought of Daina having anotha' dude, mess with my brain.

"Ha' sista' ansa da' phone. I ask ha' why Daina ain't pick up, and she said she was cryin'." He chuckled sarcastically. "And when I ask ha' why she was cryin, you wanna know what she said?"

"Wel-"

"She said, August is a big pussy, a fuckboy rather." He shrugged and started gettin' loud.

Lawd help me.

"You wanna tell me why dat' is. I mean I got all night, and thea's no school tomorro'." He started up da' car and drove off. "Explain' ta' me why dat is. Cuz I mean, she a really nice girl. When she came ova' wit' Nate, He showed me dah' video when she killed da' man. She had no regrets in ha' eyes." He chuckled.

"She gon' kill me den'?" I questioned myself.

Afta' 25 minutes, we arrived at Mel's house. We got out and went straight ta' his show room.

"Plug dis' up." He gave one a the guy his phone.

When dat' was done, we sat at the front of the show room and da' video started.

********

"I think your traumatized na'." Mel laughed as we exited the room and back to his car.

"I-I didn't know she was dat' cruel. I mean dats' the second man she killed bu-"

"My nigga dat' aint da' second man she killed. It's ha' third. Baby killed ha' fatha'. And she had no regrets bout it. Just like you saw in dat video thea' she was cool as the otha side of da pillow."