Chapter 13

Daina 5:57 am

I got up with Deanna beside me. I wake her so that we can pray together and get ready for church. After she was awaken, we knelt down and she started praying.

"Dear God, as we pray to you this morning, I ask that you clear our mind of the evil behaviours that are around us. Lord help men to understand that it doesn't take us women nothing to avoid them, and let them know we are independent and we know who we are." She started.

"Lord we thank you for providing for us and giving us the health and strength to carry on. Father, I thank you for friends and family that you have brought our way and most of all, thank you for my sister, because if she wasn't here, I would probably die or be in an asylum. In your name we pray, Amen" I continued.

We got up and she laughed, taking up her pillow and phone.

"Your so stupid." She laughed.

"Thank you, watchu wearing?" I ask.

"Uhm, I think... I'm.... Gonna wear a white dress? No... Wait, yea Ima wear a white dress." She said.

"Okay."

She left and I went into the bathroom and took a shower. I dried off and brushed my teeth then caught my hair in a messy bun until I was ready to actually comb it. I wrapped the towel around me tightly and went back to my room. I went in the closet and found three white dresses.

One that was plain with short sleeves, and a split at the back and was under the knee length, the second one was over the knee length with splits at the side and a v-neck with no sleeves and the last one was super plain, over the knee length, 3/4 sleeve and the back of it was see through.

I stood there admiring the dresses and finally decide on one.

I wanted to wear the last one. I took it out and laid it across the bed and lotion my legs. I put on the dress carefully, trying not to mess it up. I went back in the closet and saw I had two red heels.

The first one was an open toed shoes with one strap to close it and the second one was a platform heal that would cover all of my feet, and had a bow at the side. I think Ima go with that one. I put it on and pulled on a silver heart necklace with matching studs.

I took it out and put it on. I stand in front of my full body mirror and admire myself. I sprayed on some perfume, grabbed my phone, Bible and red purse then went over to Deanna's room. Just what I thought, she wasn't there. I went upstairs to the makeup room and there she was, perfection.

"You dress quickly." I said, closing the door and putting down my stuff.

"Well...Such is life." She said putting on lipgloss to match her shoe.

She had on a short white dress that lengths was 2 inches above her knee. It has a split at the back and short sleeves. Her shoe was hot pink and so was her purse. She matched it with silver necklace that had on a heart pendant and two earrings. One was just a stud and the other was a tiny heart.

After she was done with her makeup, she caught her hair in a neat bun to the side and sat on the sofa waiting for me.

I did a light amount of makeup with light red lipstick and did my hair like hers. We cleaned up and I went downstairs for my contacts.

I open the door and went in to the bathroom, then applied my contacts. I came out and made my bed, turn the lights off and exited the room.

Upon closing the door, August was coming out. I froze and stared at him.

"Morning beautiful." He smiled. Lord help me not to choke this boy on this fine Sunday.

"Morning." I said. I closed the door and walk downstairs leaving him stunned. 👅