Chapter 3

Daina

By the time we were done touring the place, it was 4:39 pm. We went back down to the family room and sat in the sofa.

"You guys want something to eat?" Ms. Claudine ask.

"Yes please." We said in unison.

"What do y'all eat?" She ask.

"Uhm rice and chicken." I said. "And vegetables." Deanna said.

"Just that. Damn. Anyways Ima order some Chinese for y'all."

"Thank you." We said. Even though we never had Chinese before, we're willing to try it. She came and sat in the the sofa across from us.

"Alright so lemme explain why y'all are here. Your mother was doing too much on drugs and she wasn't stable to keep y'all, eversince Daina was born, she had that problem, then she quit after a while. I promise that if anything happen to her, I'll keep you guys. I went to visit her this morning and she wasn't their. I saw a note on the door which was for you guys."

She handed us the note, interlocking her fingers and we read it.

Daina,
Take care of your sister, if anything happen, Claudine will take care of you. I'm not stable enough to take care of you girls. Your precious to me and you girls are beautiful, be independent, be you. I will be leaving you until I can be stable enough to be there. Just know I'll always be in your heart.

~Melissa LaToya Taylor.
I love you girls💖

"I went inside the house and I don't know how you girls manage. And then I realised your very strong." She continued.

I felt tears rolling down my eyes and Deanna wiping them away.

"So tell me a little about yourselves." She said.

"I'm Daina Melissa Taylor, I'm 17, I don't have any friends only my sister and Armani, I met her today." I said.

"I'm Deanna Maliha Taylor, 17. Basically the same with my sister." She said playing with her fingers.

"So how did you and my mother meet?" I ask.

"Okay, in 1995, I had to go to this gala. She was working with the rest of the makeup artist. Considering she's an amazing makeup artist. She always do my makeup and it ended up flawless." She chuckled. "I remember her first time doing my makeup, she was so nervous. I had to tell her to calm down. When she was done, I was in love with it. She did my makeup for 3 years on every special occasion; until she got pregnant with you guys. I was so happy for her because she was like my best friend. One that I could trust to the max. She left on no return, I was so unhappy. It felt like losing your other half." She explained and Deanna and I look at each other.

"When I heard that your father died, I knew that she would break down because she loved him but not as much as she did with you guys." She continued.

"So your our Godmother?". Deanna ask the obvious.

"Yes."

August

"Karr what the hell is wrong with you, can't you give a nigga a break." I shouted at her.

"Babe I'm sorry." She said rubbing my shoulders. I stayed silent while driving into the community.

"Babe can you take me shopping?" She ask. I can feel her pouting without looking at her.