Chapter 35

Cont'd

"Mom, Ms. Sheila, we're home." Deanna said as I close the door behind us.

"They at da' sto'." August said, coming from upstairs.

"Kay." She said and started eating.

I sat down in the couch and flipped my hair over my back. I turn the tv on and started watching whatever was on it. "Daina I think we need ta' talk." August said, sitting beside me.

"Sure whatever you wanna talk about." I said sarcastically lazy making him sigh. But I don't care. He scooted over to me some more. " I'ma need ya to back the fuck up." I mumbled lowly enough for him to hear.

"Okay that's my cue to leave." Deanna said, taking her box of chicken and drink with her.

August sighed and sat on the sofa across from me. "Look I'm sorry fa' ignoring you the way I did, I honestly didn't mean it."

"Right, like I care." I said and he sighed.

"I just have some problems goin' on and stuff an-"

"Really August, you had some problems going on and you just hid it to yourself? I'm your girlfriend August, that's what girlfriends do. They help their boyfriends." I semi-yelled and sigh afterwards. "I guess Karrueche wasn't there for you so you don't know what girlfriend material is."

I wasn't gonna sit there and cry because I'm not weak. I never get angry after Jared and I wasn't about to. So I just sat quiet. August sighed in defeat and came over to sit beside me.

"August what's the purpose of being with someone if all you do is lie, cheat, and keep secrets.... I mean, secrets are for single people so do watchu want." I shrugged.

"Babe I-"

"Oh, my name is babe now huh?" I chuckled.

"Listen, just Listen!!!" He yelled and wipe his hands down his face. It didn't faze me though. " I know I rushed dis' relationship and I would really love if you just cope wit' me. I-I did all the wrong, I haven't been spendin' time wit' you and allat but please forgive me. I-" The doorbell rung and cut him off. I rolled my eyes at him and went to get it.

"Hi." A pretty girl stood at the door.

"Hey, what's up?"

God, why am I so nice?

"Uhm-uh, is August here?"

I already know what the hell she here for, cuz August thinks he's slick. Apologizing to me, knowing she'd come here any day at anytime. I mean, look at her, she's glowing. I'm not stupid.

"Y-yea."

"I'm sorry, My name is Amara Cassidy." She held out her hand and I shook it.

"Daina."

"I'm August girlfriend, I just stop by to tell him something."

How nice of her

"Oh-Oh I remember the name, now it's all coming back to me, Cassidy. August talk about you alot, I'm his friend." I lied and smiled.  "You can come in, he's in the living room." I close the door and walk before her.

"Sorry I came without notice." She apologized.

"It's fine. It ain't my house." I walk towards the living room where August was watching tv. "August your girlfriend is here for you." I said as his head shot to where we were. He stood and his mouth forms all kinds of letters as I stood there with a smile on my face and crossed my arms over my chest.