Chapter 51

Daina

It was 5:12 am and the rain was pouring very heavily. I had gotten up almost 4 times because the rain was affecting August causing him to cough uncontrollably wild and makes his throat itch. He was kinda coming down with a fever because he was burning up but felt cold. I had to get water for him two times so I brought the bottle up along with a black and white duvet cover my mom brought for him.

I was now wide awake and cover-less due to August covering and snuggling with everything. I got up to use the bathroom and did my hygiene.

After doing my hygiene, I moisturize my skin and threw on a booty shorts and one of August hoodie and caught my hair in a bun. I grabbed my notepad and pencil then, jogged downstairs, playing with the strings on the hoodie. I was shocked to see my mother making breakfast this early in the morning.

"Mom do you know what time it is?" I ask, taking a seat on the chair.

"Yes baby, it's breakfast time. And good morning to you." She smiled as she flipped the omelet.

"Morning mommy." I smiled and began to write on my notepad.

"Baby I wanna spend the day with you girls.."

"Sure what you wanna do?" I look up from writing.

"Just hang as you young children would say."

I looked at her with a blank expression and shook my head.

"Mommy don't... do that." I laughed. "But since the rain is falling, do you wanna watch some movies and eat ice cream?"

"Yea sure, that sounds great. What do y'all call it? Uhm next flick and chill? No let's flick and chi-"

"Why? Just why?" I looked up in the ceiling. "Mom it's best if you spoke in the old people terms. And its Netflix."

"Bueno lo que sea." She laughed and rolled her eyes fixing our plates. "Where's August?" Well whatever.

"He's sleeping and sick." I mumbled.

"What? He was just having a conversation with me last night." She frowned.

"Well he's sick now."

"You see." She turned the stove off. "People can be right here, and gone in the next minute. I mean, you can never tell whats gonna happen next. I'm gonna see him." She said picking up a plate with omelet, bacon and hash brown.

She made a glass of orange juice and a fruit bowl and set them on a tray and went upstairs. I started eating my food and texting Xavier asking if he could bring Anna over. He replied with an okay and I sat my phone down, went to open the lock on the door then came back to sit and eat.

The reason I'm writing is because my phone was going off early this morning. When I finally checked it, people were tweeting about a trafficking scheme that had took place yesterday evening, and tagging me in it. 174 girls and 2 boys were being held captive, beaten, raped then killed; and women were being molested and beaten by their boyfriends. Basically men were trying to have complete control over them. It pained my heart to know that this the kind of world we live in but nobody can make a change to it.

After I've wrote a verse, I drank my juice and read over the verse. The door had open and Anna walked in.

"Hey Dai." Xavier smiled.

"Hi Xman." I returned the gesture.

"Alright babe, I'll be back for you at 11." He smiled fixing the umbrella.

"But-" She attempted to say.

"No buts baby, you gotta get some rest, you have a flight at 8 on Saturday."