Chapter 7

Daina

I got up feeling wonderful. Last night Armani, Deanna and I was on FaceTime fixing up the song we were planning to do. It was bomb even though we had fun doing it. August made a track for us so we were great.

I got up out of bed, tidying it. I fluffed the pillows and went into the bathroom to get my hygiene done. I caught my hair in a loose bun for the mean time, then went into the closet and pick out an outfit. I drew on a dark blue high waist ripped jeans with a white crop top, red button up shirt and white forces. I tied the shirt to my waist, grabbed my phone, glasses, let my hair loose and went to August room.

He had on a dark blue jeans with a white polo shirt and white forces.

"Really?" I asked, closing his door.

"Wha-ooohh." He said holding his head up. "Well it's not like I spied on you. Xavier and Armani will be over in about couple seconds." He looked at his silver watch.

"Whatever." I said, making my way over to sit on his bed.

"You ready for the fest?" He ask putting on a silver chain.

"Yea-ish. Again, why aren't you performing?"

"I'll take that as a yes. Because they want me to host plus I gotta take pictures with the winners." He said making his way over to me. He cupped my face and kissed me. I kissed back and pecked his lips twice.

"I luh you." He said, staring deep into my eyes.

"I... Have love for you" I said. I got up and he followed behind me, making our way to the makeup room. I open the door and Armani, Deanna and Xavier was there.

"Hey guys." I said to them. Armani was wearing a blue shorts with timberlands, a orange crop top and her hair was let down in a curly state. While Xavier was wearing a white addidas sweat suit and addidas sneakers with a white snapback.

"You look cute today." Armani said. She gave Deanna a side part in her hair and moisturize it. When she was done, her hair was really curly and let loose.

"Well ya gotta show em haters some new." I replied. I sat down and did a light makeup then Armani fixed my hair like Deanna's. I fixed the contacts back into my eyes and as usual it made my eye colour pop. I did my lip with matte nude lipstick and add a little lipgloss to it because I wasn't feeling the matte. I put on the glasses August gave me and I was done.

"Hey am gonna go to work so I'll probably be back tomorrow evening or so." Ms. Claudine said popping her head through the door.

"Aite, cool, okay." We said.

**************************

We arrived at school when we heard the principal assigning everyone to the gym. We got there and August went behind the curtains to get ready.

Couple minutes later.

"Aite, wassup Merilyn High?" August shouted making everyone cheer. "We have 20 performances but only five winners. Today's judges will be 'The Queen of Rap', 'Mr. Versace', 'The Weekend' and special guest, 'The Dangerous Woman'." He said. They all came out and took their seats infront the podium. "Let's get this fest started shall we." *Cheering*

After all 18 of the contestant performed, it was left to Karrueche and Jezebel, and Armani, Deanna and I. Basically the 18 of them sang the same songs which are post to be, do it again and all eyes on you and didn't get nothing past a 5 or 6.

"Next contestant we have is, Karrueche and Jezebel with I'm Yours by Alessa Cara."

They came on the stage and sat on the stool two boys brought up for them while they were getting heavy claps.