Chapter 57

August

It's been four months since Daina has been in the hospital. People have been saying I should get some sleep but how could I sleep when my baybeh's inna hospital?

The doctor said she has been making progress in terms if breathing on ha own and ha shoulder has been healin' well but other from that, she's healthy.

But what I notice, and was scaring me is dat she has been looking a bit thicker than usual even though she's been sleeping for four months and I have no clue what the hell was happening to her. I ask doctor Reynolds to check ha out so I'd be gettin' the results back t'day.

I've been workin' since June to make myself and my girl greater by lookin' at houses in Florida and finding different ways to connect with the Realtors. I ended up flying out for a day with my motha' to pick out houses Daina might like.

Twelfth and Daina's motha' would call now and then to check up on ha and make sure she's alright. Twelfth still feels as if this is his fault but once the cops in DC identified the man that cause all of this, he ended up paying for Daina's hospital fee that went up by the month. Even though the doctor said I didn't need to pay, he gave me the money that went towards Daina and I put that in ha account. I still gave him money to show my appreciation for what he was doing for us. The person that shot Daina was no other than that Catony bitch as I had suspected. Mel had two of his guys fly up there to handle her so all the problems were gone.

Deanna would go in to aid to ha sista' everyday in the days while I go in the night and sleepova' at the hospital and did some work there, but since she had the baybeh two days ago on my birthday she didn't get the chance to visit.

Karrueche has been working with Clinton and saving up which is good, and manage to visit Daina whenever she can. She'd cry sometimes but not around me, only when I caught her doing it. She's been helpin' around seeing that I haven't been eating much in the past months and I am really appreciative of ha. We had sparked up conversations now and then and surprising she hadn't tried anything or even think about coming 5 feet near me. I'on know what Daina had told her but she was being obedient.😭😂 Sorry.

Tatiyana, Carmen, Nate n'em would visit now and then and shed a la' tea's. On Fridays everyone would come by the hospital a specific time and converse with each otha' for couple hours, eat then leave.

I would check ha emails and making simple notes of things I knew I wouldn't remember like Mac and Chanel emailing ha about the job. I had send them an email about ha condition and they said they'll wait.

At this current moment, 6:23 pm, I was packing up the papers and stacking them on my computer to head over to the hospital. Deanna and Xavier would be tagging along as well since it's Friday.

"August you gonna eat or what?" Karrueche ask, coming from the kitchen. "Cause your skinny ass can't get no more skinnier." She laughed.

"I think I'm gonna try to eat, I'm kinda starving." I chuckled and got up. "What are you laughing for?"

"Your accent...  It's kinda fading." She chuckled and fixed my plate.

I shrugged. "Allat reading and shit got my damn accent fading."

"Here." She sat my plate and a glass of juice in front of me.

"Thank ya." I started eating. "Why you neva' came close ta me? " I ask.

"Huh? "

"Girl I know you hea' me... Bout huh?" I chuckled.

"Because..."

I rose my eye brow at ha.

"Because, Daina. I'm afraid of her."

I laughed and drank some of my juice. "Girl stop playin'. Karrueche Tran who fought Daina in high school is afraid of ha na'?"