Chapter 41

Daina

"I'd like to say we gave it a try
I'd like to blame it all on life
Maybe we just weren't right, but that's a lie, that's a lie." I mumbled in a singing tone.

Today I had nothing to do. I was just patiently waiting on my birthday- I mean our birthday that Deanna and I shared- this weekend. Before our birthday, I would be performing at the fest with Abel then get turnt for our birthday. Every year we mourn and celebrate after, due to the tragedy that took place 5 years ago. Deanna and I don't speak about it as it would convey good yet tragical memories.

August still haven't came home since last night and I was worried. Why? Because he's​ with Cassidy the last time I checked. I sighed, having nothing more to think of him.

Deanna now, she's laying beside me. She kept crying the whole time last night after she told me she was pregnant,-which by the way, still haven't registered in my mind- saying nobody wants a pregnant model. I had to shut her up right there. I called Clinton the minute she fell asleep and ask him about the situation, if I can remember clearly, his exact words were "girl, I'd be happy to get a pregnant model, they hard to find. One'a them Beyoncé lookin' type? Yea hard to find. I would actually be glad to have one." I recited his exact words.

"And we can deny it as much as we want
But in time our feelings will show

'Cause sooner or later
We'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is everyone knows."

I tried to find a rhythm for the song Ariana and Javaris wrote. I knocked the bottom of the pencil on my teeth as I brought my knees up to my chest and look over the lyrics that I had corrected in order for it to make sense again.

"Yes." I smiled as I sung the song over to perfection. I smiled once more as I finish and put the book and pencil on my nightstand.

I glanced down at Deanna to see her arms thrown over my body and her head laid on my stomach. I played with her ears and decided to doze off as I have literally nothing to do until the fest, which is this Friday. Even though it was early in the evening, 1:53 pm, I found myself falling asleep.

.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.

I felt my phone vibrating under my pillow causing me to groan in annoyance. I feel for it and answer it without opening my eyes.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Wassup shorty?"

"Melvin?"

"Ya, you up fa' a mission?"

"Mmh."

"Aite so listen. Thea's this man by the name of Mr. ET, some shit like dat. He's paying us a million dollars just to bring a bag of product to him, ya know. But the thing is that, if anyone catches us, we're doomed. I can't-"

"Mel Okay." I stopped him, knowing he's still gonna explain.

"Thank ya. It's a function wit all those suit and tie face ass niggas. But aye, when ya come ova we'll discuss allat and give ya the run down."