Twenty-Eight || Empire State of Mind

Klay and Lauren had a weekend off, and so this was the perfect time to take the promised trip to New York City. Ever since the one-on-one game, the Internet blew up, videos of Klay and Lauren playing against each other all over every single social media handle.

They took a red-eye to New York, their flight departing at midnight. Klay and Lauren had on their hoodies and sunglasses, hoping no one would recognize them this late at night. They got into their private jet, immediately getting into the bed in the back of the aircraft.

"Wake me up when we're in New York." Lauren said as she instantly fell asleep. She felt Klay get in the bed and wrapped his arms around her. The private jet departed from Oakland, jetting off to the famous state of New York. Since it was a red-eye, as soon as the two woke up, they were already overlooking New York City.

Lauren sat up from the bed and looked outside the window. She was in awe at how beautiful NYC was. Even though she's been to New York plenty of times for photoshoots and runway shows, she hasn't found the time to actually explore the city until now.

She snapped a video of the view as well as one of Klay sleeping.

"NYC with my love💖" she captioned as she posted it onto her story.

The plane landed at a private terminal at the JFK airport. Klay woke up as him and Lauren made their way onto the tarmac.

They got onto a car service that will take them to their hotel.

"I've never really gotten to explore New York at all. I'm usually just here for fashion week or for photoshoots but that's it." Lauren said, looking out of the window.

"Yeah same, usually when I'm here, it's for work. Like we have a game at MSG or the Barclays Center." Klay replied.

"What's it like to have basketball as your job?" Lauren turned around and asked Klay.

"It's what I wanted to do since I was a little kid. I was two years old when my dad first taught me how to dribble a basketball. Now that I'm playing basketball as my job, it's crazy." Klay said.

"How about modeling? How does it feel like to be one of the biggest supermodels in the world?" Klay asked Lauren.

"It's still kinda weird when people go up to you and ask for pictures. But it's all I ever wanted to do. The fact that I actually am modeling for these companies and brands as an actual career, amazing." Lauren smiled.

"Also, I didn't know that you played ball!" Klay said, still surprised.

"It's like my little secret. Like a party trick." Lauren laughed.

"You must've started playing since you were really young if you're that good." Klay said.

"Yeah, basketball was sort of like a hobby for me. I knew I didn't wanna play ball in college because the competition was so hard. So I just played for fun." Lauren said.

"A model and a baller. How did I get so lucky?" Klay said, kissing Lauren on the lips.

"An NBA player that's not a douche? I think I got lucky too." Lauren joked.

Manhattan traffic wasn't as bad in the morning, so Klay and Lauren were dropped off at their hotel quickly. They checked into a huge presidential suite. Klay scanned the room key which opened to a beautiful suite overlooking the city that never sleeps.

"This room is gorgeous!" Lauren said walking around the living room, viewing the city.

"Ready to explore?" Klay said, opening his luggage.