Seventy-One || Not Again

"We're more than ready." Klay smiled as he looked at the ultrasound.

"Wait!" Klay said before the doctor could say anything else.

"What's wrong?" Lauren asked, taken aback by Klay's actions.

"Do you know those gender reveal parties and stuff?" Klay said looking at his fiancé as she nodded.

"I kinda wanna do that, and I know that my mom and your mom are planning your baby shower, so maybe we can give them the gender and they can think of a way to reveal that to us and to everyone else." Klay suggested.

"Aw babe, I think that's a great idea!" Lauren smiled.

"Good thing I didn't spoil anything for you guys! I'll put the gender information in an envelope that way you can give it to your mom and Klay's mom." Taylor said as she turned off the ultrasound and wiped the gel substance off of Lauren's belly.

"I'll be back with the paperwork." Taylor smiled before heading out of the room.

"I love that idea." Lauren smiled as she got on her tiptoes to kiss Klay.

"I kinda wanted to find out now but like, those gender reveals on twitter look so fun to do." Klay explained.

"I've never seen a guy so excited about his baby as much as you are." Lauren smiled.

"Of course I am, it's my child, and it's with someone that I prayed would have my children someday." Klay said, referring to Lauren.

"You're too sweet." Lauren said as he pecked his lips once again.

"Alright Lauren and Klay, here's the paperwork tightly secured in the envelope. I'm sure you will be ecstatic when you guys find out the gender." Taylor smiled as she hugged Lauren and Klay goodbye.

They walked out of the office hand in hand with the envelope.

"Alright we better get this to them before we misplace it." Lauren said as she looked at the envelope.

"My mom will be at the game tomorrow so we can give it to her then?" Klay suggested as Lauren nodded.

Klay had his right hand on Lauren's thigh as he drove back home. They got home and got ready for bed. Lauren let Klay get ready first since he had a big game tomorrow. They both got in bed and fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning Klay woke up at around ten o'clock, getting up to go to morning shoot around. Lauren woke up after he left, so she decided to stay home until it was time to leave for the game.

At around noon, she heard the doorbell ring and raised her eyebrows, because she wasn't expecting anyone to be at the house. She got up and opened the door to Ayesha with a bunch of goodies in her arms.

"Laur! I'm so glad you're home!" Ayesha said as Lauren helped her carry the stuff into the kitchen.

"What's all this stuff?" Lauren chuckled after she hugged Ayesha.

"I was pregnant before too, and I know that you get some awfully weird cravings, so I decided to make you my favorite thing to eat when I was pregnant." Ayesha explained as she put an emphasis on "favorite".

"And what is that?" Lauren asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Double chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream!" Ayesha said as she began to prepare the dry ingredients.