[JJ+MG] 1 Of Your 5 A Day.

Your parents always asked why you never had anyone come around. They couldn't understand how someone like yourself was so put off by the idea of 'hanging out' with others your age. They were naïve. It wasn't like you planned for this to happen—your own version of solitary confinement. But it was forced upon you by others in your class and around the area that you lived.

     It was early evening when your parents left to go have dinner with the Griffin's and Chancellor Jaha and his son. They asked if you wanted to come, but as always, you had a way of getting out of these types of situation. Most of your excuses fell under the categories of doing school work, or feeling sick, feeling tired, or having eaten a lot before they got home, not knowing that they'd be invited to dinner. They never caught on.

     You knew your parents wouldn't be back for another couple of hours, so you took the chance to leave your quarters and go off exploring, avoiding the mess hall and Chancellors quarters—not knowing where they'd be—at all costs. It wasn't like you hated the two families. Dr. Griffin was a kind woman and Chancellor Jaha cared more about the happiness of his people than his own.

     It was Clarke and Wells.

     Not exactly...

     They were kind, sure, but they didn't seem to get along with you. Although their parents were friends with yours, Clarke and Wells knew about your parents' beliefs. Your parents believed that those who had money were worthy of so many things, while those who struggled, due to the Station that they came from, were not. Clarke and Wells must have believed that, because you were raised by them, that you'd have the same thoughts and beliefs as your parents. They treated you like you were expendable, although it wasn't direct, it still hurt. Especially when others in your class copied their actions.

     But they couldn't have been more wrong.

     You hated the ideology that your parents adopted.

     It was hypocritical of them.

     During one of your school lessons, you were told to make a family tree—when you were younger, of course, it would seem tedious and pointless for a sixteen-year-old to create a family tree. You found that both sides of your parents had been married into a wealthier lifestyle. Your great-grandparents were born into a better lifestyle, while their parents before them were not. You learned that they came from both Farm Station and Factory Station.

     It was October first.

     Unity Day.

     Although it was meant to be a celebration of unity between the twelve Ark Stations, you couldn't help but feel more divided than ever.

     You were brought up in a fashionable and well-off lifestyle. But that was never for you. It never felt right.

     The Unity Day dance was later on in the evening, you knew that Clarke and Wells might go, so you opted to stay away from that area as well. It hurt to know that you were living your life in the shadows, that you were forced to stay away from people because you didn't want to hear what they had to say. You could feel warm tears roll down your cheeks as you left your room and began walking down the corridors, forcing a smile at everyone you passed, wiping your tears away quickly.

     You continued walking until you arrived at Farm Station. Everyone seemed so much happier to be around each other, not caring about their clothes or what they did at work, they were all happy to be in each other's presence.

     A sigh left your lips as you continued walking down the corridors. The lights were dimmer along the walls and they had more handcrafted decorations tapped up. It brought a smile to your face to see how much they actually cared around Farm Station. Quality wasn't as important to them as it seemed to be in Alpha Station.

     When you passed one of the doors along the empty corridor you could smell something faintly off about the air. But it was probably the poor quality of the pipes. You continued, tears still running down your red cheeks. You looked down at your shirt and cursed when you noticed your tears stained the material. You quickly wiped your tears, accidentally walking into someone while you weren't looking.

     "Whoa there," one of the boys held you steadily, making sure you didn't fall back from the impact.

     "I'm sorry." You sniffed, wiping your eyes once more, trying to step around them.

     The other boy gently grabbed your arm, stopping you from leaving. "Are you alright?" He asked kindly.

     You looked at him and forced a smile. "We know that's not real," the other boy with goggles spoke up. "Who upset you?"

     "It's nothing, I shouldn't even be here." You shook your head.

     "What Station are you from?" The boy who held your arm asked.

     "Alpha," you mumbled quietly.

     Goggle boy placed his arm over your shoulders. "Well, we can't let you leave now. Not until we know you're no longer upset."

     You couldn't understand why they were being so kind to you. "Won't you guys be late to the dance?"

     "We're not going this year." Goggle boy shook his head. "Monty and I are spending our time much more wisely."

     "Why don't you join us? You know, if you're not going either." Monty shrugged. "I'm sure there's space for all three of us, including Jasper's big head," he joked, prompting a small smile from you.

     "That's not fair, you've already got them on your side!" Jasper whined.

     Monty ignored him. "Come with us." He began walking while Jasper pulled you along with him, back to the weird smelling part of the corridor.

     "What's that smell?" You asked.

     The two boys snorted a laugh before opening the door, pulling you inside before they closed the door quickly. A dim light turned on and you saw plants lining metal shelves and a set up opposite the door of metal barrels and glass jars, some underneath Bunsen burners while tubes connected them.

     "Uh, what is all this?"

     "Something we like to refer to as our green veggies and a little something-something to wash them down with." Jasper nudged your arm.

     "You guys are doing weed and making moonshine?" You asked as Monty walked over to the table.

     "Not just us. You're joining us," he told you as he held out a cup with clear liquid.

     "Don't be nervous." Jasper grinned as he picked up his own cup and a small, badly rolled blunt. "Think of it as one of your five a day if it makes you feel any better." You stared at him as he took out a lighter and quickly lit it. You looked at the cup Monty was still holding out. "C'mon, Alpha girl, live a little."

     With a sigh you took the cup, staring at it before lifting it up to your lips as chugging back the whole thing. Jasper and Monty both cheered. You lowered the cup and looked at Monty, he was grinning widely, holding out a blunt to you. "Just one of my five a day," you mumbled before taking it from it.

     Maybe being different wasn't bad after all.