[JJ] A Shot In The Dark.

Down on Earth, you were known as Kane and Kane alone. Nobody bothered to learn your first name considering you were related to Marcus Kane, and they just figured that you would be a clone of him. But as time went on—and they observed you—they learned that you were anything but like the man that locked them up. Although you never honestly cared that much about what they thought, it wasn't like you could pick your family or at least who your parents were.

     Only two people were dumb enough to take you under their wing, and they were Monty Green and Jasper Jordan. Ever since you landed on Earth—and supposedly had been forgiven for all crimes committed on the Ark—you started a new life for yourself.

     In a way, you tried to distance yourself from the man who referred to himself as your father, although, that was difficult when you shared the same name. Not only that but when the war against the Grounders had ended and the Mountain Men kidnapped the remaining delinquents, the slim chance of possibly seeing your father—if the Ark ever made its way down to Earth—had decreased even more.

     The clothes that the Mountain Men had given everyone were nice, but they didn't feel right. They weren't yours, it was wrong. Dante had given the remaining delinquents access to some parts of the mountain, so it was very limited with the places in which you could go and relax by yourself to just think. But you found a corridor that appeared empty and quiet, so you slid down the wall and sat with your back pressed against it, your eyes trained on the bricked wall in front of you.

     "There you are." Monty sat down beside you. You didn't even hear him approach you. Although considering the fact that you were close to a bomb when it went off, it would explain the slight hearing problems.

     "Here I am." You shrugged.

     "What are you doing out here by yourself?" He questioned, bringing his knees up to his chest, wrapping his arms around his legs.

     "Thinking."

     "What are you thinking about?"

     "My dad and myself."

     "Miss him?"

     "I don't know. I just didn't think that..." You paused, trying to think of a better way to phrase how you were feeling. "I knew, in the back of my mind, that the chance of seeing him again was next to none, you know?" He nodded. "But some small part of me, the part that will always and forever be the little kid who looked by up him, hoped that I would see him again."

     "I get it, it's like me and my mum. I miss her, but I knew I might not see her again when I was put in the Sky Box."

     "It just sucks that they won't find us."

     "Why'd you say that?"

     "Well, I doubt that Dante, and his men, would keep us alive long enough for our parents get to Earth. Or if they're already on Earth, long enough that they get here to the mountain."

     "Keep us alive?"

     "Haven't you noticed we're going missing one-by-one?"

     "That's not true." He shook his head slightly.

     "Where's Harper? Because the last time I saw her was when we went to Dante's office."

     Monty stayed quiet for a minute. "You're right, I just thought I wasn't in the same room at the same time as her."

     "No, Monty, she's been taken. For what? I'm not sure. But I don't doubt that it will be long before we find out ourselves."

     "You're kinda for freaking me out right now."