[HM] Cold Blooded, Warm Hearted.

Harper looked back at you from where she stood off at the side-lines, and, despite the blood and the sweat that dripped from your body and onto the floor, and the look of anger on your face, she couldn't help but feel a swell of happiness throughout her being. As you glanced over to her, with a hard expression still set on your face, you noticed that she smiled to herself and looked down at the ground. The group, that you had been training with, began to disperse and you handed your weapon back to one of the Grounders who had been in charge of handing them out in the first place. It had been a rigorous two hours, but you were finally finished and now able to spend some time with Harper. With the back of your hand, you wiped the blood that still dripped from your nose, and you made your way over to where Harper had been standing. As you got closer, you could see another Grounder talking to her—although, going off of the uncomfortable expression that Harper had been wearing, you would have believed that she was talking at her, lecturing her.

"Can't you see that she doesn't want you near her?" You asked the other Grounder—having no clue who they were, but only knowing that they were from Boudalan Kru—while standing slightly in front of Harper.

"It's you that she shouldn't want to be near," she spat, looking you up at down.

"And yet, here we are."

"You are a ripa, you are the baga," she spoke with disgust.

"Oh, I'm the enemy?" The Grounder nodded while you laughed, looking back at Harper, "I'm the enemy," you repeated, obviously being sarcastic, while Harper quickly shook her head, knowing what you were about to do. With one swift motion, you managed to take out one of the smaller knives, that you had kept hidden on your body at all time, and place it at her neck, staring at her face with a cold expression while her eyes widened and her hands went to grab your wrist. One of your hands held the back of her head, keeping her from moving, as your other hand with the knife slowly pressed further into her neck, drawing a tiny amount of blood that slowly dribbled down at to the collar of her shirt. "I may be a killer, but we are Wonkru now, I am not the enemy."

"Stop this," Harper whispered urgently, placing her hand on your shoulder.

"Teik ai frag em op."

"No, you're not killing her," Harper argued, grabbing hold of the material of your shirt as she tried to tug you back.

The Grounder looked over at Harper, and you pressed the blade against her neck harder again. "Eyes on me, not on her." The Grounder's eyes flickered back to you. "Good. Now... gon we o wan op." You let go of the other Grounder and her hand went to her neck as she stepped away from you, shuddering as she breathed out. "Go!" You stressed louder and the Grounder made her way out of the room.

"Did you really have to threaten her?"

"I did no such thing."

"You told her to leave or die!"

"I—"

"I've learned a few phrases since knowing you," she admitted, letting out a sigh as she turned and grabbed a cloth from the table, and began to wipe away at some of the blood on your face. "I wish you would stop doing that."

"I'm only—"

"Looking out for me, I know. I know that. But, what if one day they have enough? What if one day Octavia sees you do that and she tells them to kill you? I don't want you to die, not because of me."

You pulled your face away from her as she tried to clean your nose and sighed. "Harper," you spoke in a soft voice, placing your hands on her cheeks as she frowned, clearly trying to stop herself from crying at the thought of losing you. "Yu sonraun laik ai sonraun. Osir keryon ste teina." She let out a small laugh, sniffing as a few tears rolled down her cheeks. "If that ever happens, then I'll die knowing I did while protecting you. But I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon. Octavia knows what I'm like, she knows how far I'll go for you. Nou get yu daun, beja." She closed her eyes as your thumbs wiped away her tears. "Ai hod yu in," you whispered pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Harper sniffed again, opening her eyes as she stared at you, grinning. "I love you, too."