[RR] Half A Heart.

It was nothing like the Ark.

Becca's island was completely different to what you first thought. The technology was different. The layout was different. There were no grey walls. Instead, they were white, clean, and looked almost freshly painted. There were no panels that stuck out, no beams or constricting walls. They were smooth, sheltering a large open space. There were no red, yellow, or black wires with thick silver tubes along the walls and ceilings. Instead, they were kept away behind the walls, away from sight. There were no tiny, white, dotted lights spaced out evenly along the walls, or large rectangular lights on the ceiling. Instead, there were large, clear, white industrial lights that hung from the ceilings and along the base of the wall that reflected off from the shiny floors. The mechanical hum that was associated with the Ark wasn't present, it was almost silent enough to hear a pin drop from across the room. The computers and screens along the walls and work spaces were more advanced than the ones from the Ark. The large red machine in the middle had a few medical beds, computer set ups, monitors, and across the way there was an incubator, long enough for someone to lay in.

The lab was quiet, for the most part anyway. Raven had been tinkering with the rocket that ALLIE had told her about—or showed her. That bit wasn't very clear to you... How ALLIE had told her it was there, that was. Sure, you knew that Raven's mind still had bits and pieces of ALLIE's code, but for her mind to be able to show her where a rocket was? That didn't seem right.

"How's she doing?" Luna asked as she walked down the stairs, standing behind you as you sat in front of one of the monitors.

A sigh left your lips as you shook your head slightly. "I don't know. I feel like I don't know anything anymore, and it's frustrating."

Luna placed her hands on your shoulders, giving them a squeeze. "Remember what I told you before?"

"Luna... That doesn't exactly apply right now."

"Doesn't it?"

There was no way that you knew how to answer her. When you first met her, on Floukru's oil rig, she seemed hesitant to even give you the time of day. It was understandable, considering what Clarke and Octavia were asking of her. They wanted her to give up everything that she believed in: peace, providing a safe haven, avoiding rules of war, and to not become Commander—simply to stay away from violence. But you didn't. You didn't push her hand, instead, you asked her if she had stayed in the Conclave, whether her views would be the same. Luna was taken aback by your blunt but honest question. She told you that the death of her brother weighed heavily on her choice to leave, she had once reveled in death, but she had found peace. She chose to no longer fight and use her rage, but to protect and care for the ones she loved. You weren't sure how you could protect Raven from something that was happening inside of her, you weren't sure if it would even mean anything if you were to all die in just a couple of days when Praimfaya arrived.

"I just want to find a cure, a way to help everyone survive. If this doesn't work, we will all die. I'm tired of watching my friends die, Luna."

Luna hummed. "They are scared to die, they want to find a way to keep themselves alive. You, on the other hand, are scared for them, you want to find a way for them to stay alive. What about yourself? I don't hear you wanting to survive as well."

"I don't deserve to live, Luna. Not after everything that I've done to get this far."

"You don't have as much blood on your hands as Clarke does, as Raven, as Murphy, Emori, Roan, or me. Believe me, your hands are clean." Luna leaned closer to your ear. "Consider yourself worthy of living."