the real extra in extraordinary is me

I need to stop making promises to people.

I promised myself I would read more. Failed miserably.

I promised a lot of my close friends I would be better this year. On a month-for-month basis, assuming nothing about the months to come, that is not the case.

I promised everyone on this website I would be back on my two original books and Where The River Bends by May 1st, with Deja Vu out May 5th (happy bday AwsomeDragons) and thaaaat was a mistake. 

As soon as I got over my compulsive hatred of Ylva, I was faced by an issue even more sweeping than the plight of our protagonist- there's no goddang plot and I have no control over this world. Every time I work around one set of unfortunate implications there's another. Whenever I crawl out of one plot hole I fall into another. It's still not a bad idea but I can not get a bridle in the mouth of this thrashing wild stallion. Alas, perhaps it is not to be tamed by me.

BUT GODDANG IT MAN, I DON'T CARE HOW MANY METAPHORICAL HORSES I HAVE TO GET TRAMPLED ON BY, I'M STILL TRYING.

Likely I will have it going somewhere in May, at the very least, I planned the next few chapters and they're sturdy enough that I can change the plox and not have to worry about them too much. Mainly character introductions anyways and no way in HELL am I changing these characters, although my inflexibility is in part what keeps killing this book. Whoops. 

The other issue would be that May is the heart of crew season, where the regattas actually matter, and I have all my end-of-year projects and tests encroaching like a flock of vultures, ready to swoop down on me, my metaphorical horse, my children, and my decaying self-esteem.

pray for me