Regarding Reading and the Completion of The Space Between Stars

Well! I'd love to give updates on my writing status, but it's actually no longer (honestly hasn't been for a while) my writing endeavor itself that's been worrying me lately, but actually just my interaction with Wattpad as a whole. As I'm sure at least two people have noticed, I finally got the last of The Space Between Stars up, and this means I'll be able to get The Cities Have Fallen (Draft 2) going from now going forwards. I'll be posting the first chapters of that over the next few weeks, likely *the* next week, as I do have about four queued, almost up to the point where Gale and Rena meet the Lira City Defenders.

That would be the issue of the course, or at least one of them... the queue. It's taken away the sense of immediacy between my books and this site, and as such I'm no longer as reliant on immediate feedback. In the long term this is probably for the better, but it's also pretty evident a lot of my old friends on the site have long since moved on. Given my follower count, a lot of my reads are low--and this isn't blaming anyone, or begging for reads, it's just a fact. I don't do much advertising, I'm not active in the community, and while I don't think a mainstream audience is going to be any more willing to go along with half my crazy plots, I do think that there's definitely a disconnect between the majority of readers and I *here*. I've also had a disconnect with the content lately... let me be blunt. With very few exceptions, I did not come here to view art. I have a few art books I peruse and I greatly respect those artists but I do not actively seek out artists here. As this is the crux of the 'original' community on Wattpad, which strikes me as somewhat confusing on a writing site, that's a lot I'm not participating in. Furthermore, while I eagerly enjoy longer Warriors fictions, I am not and will never be reviewing short short stories. It was a nice gimmick, once, but it's not stylistically avant-garde anymore and given the use of it by most of the community it honestly strikes me as a quick grab for reads. I'm not inviting conflict here, as I really have no desire to fight with anyone who does enjoy this format, but I'm just not a fan and between those two concerns...

there is not much for me to read on Wattpad. If you do write longer original fiction (let me marry you first of all) or have a Pokemon (Nuzlocke would be preferrable)/Warriors story of length,  tell me and I would be happy to critique, review, and talk with you. There is legitimate talent here, in the corners, and it has been overlooked often but by no means *should* be. I adore several authors on here who write GREAT original fiction and constantly have me on the edge of my seat. (See next page.)

REGARDLESS.

This isn't to say I'm going anywhere, or even that I'll be modifying the content I upload, because... I have no plans for that whatsoever? I'm just going back to posting as close to daily as possible, likely about five times a week, and I'll be updating three or so books at once. I also want to put up a CYOA (WITH PICTURES! AND SPRITESHEETS!) for kicks which probably contradicts everything I just said but honestly I just feel like doing it. 

Since I've come here, my feelings about revision and what constitutes a 'finished' project have definitely changed, but I still believe in constant effort and high work outputs as the best and most immediate path to improvement. So I'll still be posting things of the same quality, but I'm also going to be revising, reworking, and taking time to myself as I see fit to work on short stories. 

It'll be fun.