20 Stupid Headcanons About Deja Vu That Are Basically Canon Because I Wrote It

So I actually make a lot of these and regularly discuss them with friends but I haven't exactly compiled them on here so I thought tonight I'd do all of you the honor of dispensing Deja Vu headcanons like the sweet sweet garbage that they are. Of course I have a pretty strict rule for myself which is "if it's not in the text it's not my business" so whatever you think happened afterwards is still 100% valid. However, this is how I personally interpret the Deja Vu timeline and the ensuing events. (So yeah the title is a joke.)

Also obviously most of these are spoilers so if you haven't read Deja Vu yet... but that's kind of par for the course. I could beg you all to read Deja Vu but I'm guessing this won't really convince anyone so uh... well, I'll ask anyways. So, headcanons, totally out of chronological order but I digress:

1. Evan smokes weed afterwards, but only when he knows it will irritate Amanda (getting off to a great start here ha). Evan uses deliberately wrong stoner terms to piss her off and send her down internet rabbit holes and generally makes sure to breathe in the vicinity of her face.

2. Evan and Adam get banned from movie nights with the group several times (they keep showing up anyways) because they've made a personal game out of "fixing" movie plots with polyamory. They've managed to use polyamory to fix the main conflicts of dozens of classics and they are not slowing down. 

3. The entire group, Alpha and Omega, play Dungeons and Dragons together. This ends very poorly when Amanda, the DM, makes an NPC who is very clearly based off of Megan. Adam plays into this, Evan blows up at Amanda, then at Adam, and refuses to come back, effectively ending the session. They did get in a good two-thirds of a campaign, though, which is further than any of my friends have ever gotten.

4. Serena doesn't affiliate with the group often but she and Harper go out for lunch on Sundays. They stay in touch all the way into adulthood.

5. Adam is always insistent on doing things "for Megan" as is Amanda, and Evan refuses to mention her. This is a lot of the friction in their relationship.

6. Will and Amanda do write the webcomic but I have no idea if they finish it or not. Who finishes webcomics on the Internet, anyways?! 

7. Will ends up getting into several highly reputable colleges based on service work over his high school career, a solid B average, some stunning essays, and general charisma. Adam barely gets into some of the better in-state colleges. Their parents are shocked but they've been having a hard time reconciling their mental images of their sons with the people they've been becoming, anyways.

8. Garrett goes into E-Sports in college and it is beautiful. Karen and him have broken up by them but she comes to a few tournaments. He talks with her afterwards, animatedly introducing her to his teammates, and she cracks jokes at his expense and the two of them keep swearing to keep in touch better next time.

9. Adam attends a lot of meetings for the Naval Brigade throughout his high school career but he never gets into any media the way they do. His favorite book is still The Once and Future King which he read with his parents when he was seven or so but every time he comes back to it he finds new ways the graceful volume surprises him. There are patterns to heroes, or so he thinks. Maybe it just feels good to know that someone else out there tried to do the right thing and it hurt. 

10. Adam is incredibly defensive of Will post-book. This gets to the point where people joke about breathing on Will the wrong way and Adam killing them with a cardboard broadsword. Adam, who has not surrendered his pride despite circumstance, argues so vehemently against this that it spreads the joke faster.

11. Jack had a huge crush on Adam for the longest time and never told him because he assumed that Adam Rosenbloom, of all people, had to be straight. 

(Bonus: Adam definitely finds Jack on Tindr when he and Evan are looking for threesome partners. This gets really awkward especially when Evan looks Adam dead in the face and says "go for it".)

12. Adam comes out to his parents and then his parents give Will the house. Will proceeds to give Adam the house as soon as he's sure Will's out of the picture. Adam lives there with Evan because the jobs in the area are good but secretly he really hates the house and the way the past lives in the walls like an infestation of rats. 

13. Evan and Adam wear blue at their wedding.

14. Amanda grows up to be the creator of a Gravity Falls-esque 'kid's' cartoon where her fandom quickly memes Amanda absolutely decking the censors on her network. The show is full of cherub iconography and notes/advice for the children out there who might need it if they end up in her situation. It's the greatest act of revenge she could possibly pull off.

15. Serena ends up as CEO of a Fortune 500 company, then goes into politics, essentially, Serena ends up owning the entire world. She starts going and never stops going for a second.

16. Adam and Will always have to explain that they know Amanda and Serena. Will's pretty famous in certain circles himself. Really it's just Adam who ends up being a nobody but the entire group is usually around to spice his life up. Both teams keep in touch well enough that they plan things like Thanksgiving together.

17. Will marries a woman named Daisy. They meet at college and talk about their assertive older siblings and before they know it they're totally in love.

18. Adam Rosenbloom gets therapy even if it takes an obscene amount of time for his brother to drag him in there kicking and screaming. 

19. Deja Vu technically has two mutually exclusive sequels I'm never going to write, entitled "Deja Two: Sun Edition" and "Deja Two: Moon Edition" because we're going Pokemon up in this bitch. 

Sun is Adam-centric and involves Adam and Evan in late high school trying to save a new group of Diosite holders from the peril that is being chosen, featuring the cherub who emerges from Ignatius's Diosite. It's a story about forgiving yourself, forgiving others, and making amends with the dead, featuring Evan and Adam doing the closest thing to raising children that they can. 

Moon is lore-centric, following Amanda's aforementioned TV show and her and Will seeking out Diosite holders around the world as they attempt to sever the worlds apart. The themes here would be don't fuck with Amanda, don't fuck with Will, and definitely don't fuck with the sad gay couple in the corner either. 

20. There's also a prequel called "IX" (pronounced "nine") about the nine-cell that fractured into Anthem and Shiloh. It takes place during the height of the Cold War and involves adult Diosite holders facing off against a nine-cell of students. Paranoia, bloodshed, and general pandemonium ensue. 

Of course, I don't plan to write any of these because I believe doing sequels/prequels injures the integrity of the original story, so I'm probably leaving the Deja Vu kids alone, aside from the inevitable rewrite (expect a lot more fleshed out villain motives in this one, for one thing!), but I do have a lot of comprehensive lore in my head. About 20% of my "work" ever goes into the actual books since I develop for so long ha ha

also

21. You better believe Adam gets that broadsword