Lampost of Love

Be More Gay| AU

Lamppost of Love

Jeremy and Michael walked wordlessly down the dark streets as the moon reached it's highest point in the sky, marking midnight. They didn't meet each others' gazes, but rather looked anywhere else. They stopped at an intersection, though there hardly any cars out at this time of night, Jeremy still appreciated to follow the law, and if Jeremy stopped...so did Michael. Jeremy continuously pressed the walk button nervously. Apparently, the noise the button made against the lamppost was audible.

"You okay buddy...?" Michael managed to force his gaze up, looking at Jeremy.

"Wha-what?" Jeremy's button pressing speed dramatically increased, "Y-yeah, why so?"

"Well...we've been walking towards my house for an hour...your house is the other way...and you've been silent, more so than usual that is, and now you're frantically pushing a button when the walking symbol flashed awhile ago..." Michael twiddled his thumbs inside the stomach pocket of his hoodie, which he had put on over his CREEPS shirt, it had been hanging on the coat rack at the front of Rich's house, he'd gotten it after Jeremy and him silently decided to leave the party after...the previous events.

Jeremy stopped, "O-oh." He was about to cross when the walking symbol turned into a red hand, indicating them not to walk any longer. Jeremy felt himself stiffen, realizing he'd have to stand there through another cycle of traffic.

"So..." Michael began, lowering his gaze back down to study his shoes.

"So..." Jeremy repeated awkwardly.

"...We...kissed."

Jeremy's face lit up bright read, being very noticeable under the light of the lamppost. He bit his lower lip, chewing on it as his nervous feelings increased, "Mhm." His hum was a few notes higher than his usual voice.

Michael couldn't help but let out a little chuckle.

A smile curved at the corner of Jeremy's mouth, hearing him.

Michael cleared his throat, ignoring that the walking symbol had reappeared, hoping that Jeremy wouldn't notice, wishing that they could stand here forever. However awkward the conversation was, he wouldn't want to be anywhere other than by Jeremy's side right now, "So...I assume the SQUIP is gone...since you're actually talking to me again..."

Jeremy felt himself flinch with guilt, "Y-yeah..."

"How?" Michael blinked curiously.

"W-well..." Jeremy felt his hands start to shake and thrust them in his pockets so it wouldn't be noticeable, he swallowed, "I uh...realized that...I...wanted...you..." His voice got increasingly pitchy and quieter by the second, "More than...Christine...or...anyone...for that matter..." He was sure his heart was going to burst from embarrassment and speed at any moment now.

A little squeaky breath escaped from Michael's lips and he immediately turned red, or at least- redder than he had previously been.

"And...it kinda' fried the SQUIP...I-I don't know." He laughed nervously.

"So...the love for your boyf-riend was too much for it?" Michael cracked a grin.

"Yeah...the changing goal from...Christine to my...boyfriend...must've been too much for it to handle..."

Michael felt a lump in his throat form when he heard Jeremy call him his boyfriend, not the silly title of boyf-riend, as 'advertised' on their packs. The actual thing. He quickly pulled his hood over his head to hide the blush that was now extremely noticeable, as he could feel the heat run all throughout him.

Jeremy gave him a confused, flush look.

"I-I'm just cold." Michael managed a sniff. It was quite the opposite.

Jeremy lifted his trembling hand and put his arm around Michael, pulling him closer to his side, "Better...?"

Michael's grin widened, though it was hidden among the layers of his bunched up hoodie to his face, "Much." And they started moving forward as the crosswalk symbol allowed.