Say no (Old & New)

EDIT: This upcoming edit is one from 3 years ago—  EDIT: This chapter was started around a year ago and I just found it now and have no idea what my plot idea was but figured I might as well post what I have so here ya' go! Also I think what the title was implying was Jeremy inviting Michael onto a rollercoaster at the carnival and Michael wanting to say no but doing it anyway and essentially clinging to Jer the entire time

***

"A beach carnival?"

"A beach carnival!" Michael exclaimed once again.

"Really!?" Jeremy gasped in excitement.

"Mhm! Right down on the pier." Michael grinned.

Jeremy put a hand on Michael's shoulder, "Dude. You are my favorite person."

"I know." Michael beamed.

"And like- the bestest of all bestest friends!" Jeremy's eyes seemed to glow with admiration.

"I know, dude." Michael smirked at the praise, stifling a stab of regret at the F word.

"When?" Jeremy squeaked.

"Tonight, at six- I'll pick you up at your house, sound good?" Michael smiled.

"Definitely!" Jeremy nodded, turning around before waving to Michael, "See you then!" He called over his shoulder.

Michael could already feel his heart rate increasing, "Y-yup!"

***

Michael honked on the horn of his PT cruiser casually, outside Jeremy's house.

A faint voice rang from inside the house, "Just a minute!"

Michael let out a quiet chuckle, typical Jeremy and never being on time. Michael was used to it, and it was just one of the many things he loved about Jeremy. And with this thought, Michael's chest was no longer at ease. He began thinking about his plan tonight and what would happen, what would become of him, and what would become of his friendship with Jeremy. He took in a deep breath to relax, only to choke it back out when he saw Jeremy approaching the car.

"H-Hey!" Jeremy smiled nervously as he opened the passenger's side of the car.

"S-suh." Michael coughed, hastily turning on the ignition and slamming down on slammed on the gas pedal the moment Jeremy clicked on his seatbelt as if he could drive away from his problem. And the fact that Jeremy was wearing-

"Does it...look okay?" Jeremy fiddled with the hem of the skirt.

Michael's face was burning red, and he quietly thanked the colors of the setting sun for making it seem like a reflection of light, "Huh? O-Oh- yEAh- it loOks grEaT!" Michael's voice cracked as he responded, wincing.

Jeremy smiled fondly, "Thanks, Micha."

Michael could feel himself melting and his grip loosely slipping off the steering wheel to the point where they slowly started to curve towards the pavement.

"M-Michael!" Jeremy yelped and grabbed the boy's hands, firmly pressing them to the steering wheel.

Michael snapped out of his trance and turned them fully back onto the road.

"What was that about?" Jeremy panted out.

"Er- just- tired- I guess?"

"Want to pull over and we can switch?" Jeremy suggested.

And then not have anything else to do but stare at you? No thanks, I would actually like to keep my dignity.

EDIT: Whoops I forgot to end it— I can only imagine what happened is Michael almost gets them into a car accident and then this happens—
Oh also I'm totally changing the original idea—