Loser: Part 4

[Short]

Michael stood at the entrance of cafeteria, blinking in surprise as he watched Jeremy deal a direct hit to one of the football players' stomach, knocking him to the ground, and then walking away like it was nothing. He crept away as Jeremy neared the cafeteria entrance and watched him stroll out of sight. He let out a small whimper, half hoping Jeremy would hear. He needed to fix this. And fast.

He casually went the same direction Jeremy had disappeared to and peaked around the corner to see him sitting in front of his locker.

It was open and Jeremy was examining himself in the mirror. He winced, pulling up both his sleeves to look over multiple nail pecks along his arms and a big thwack to the shoulder. He frowned and leaned against the locker door, burying his face in his arm with a sigh.

Michael bit his lower lip, wishing with all his heart that he could walk over to Jeremy and hug him, hold him, love him, show him that he loved him and that he had messed up and was sorry. However, he felt as if the had floor swallowed up his feet and he was incapable of mobility. So he just stood there, until Jeremy continued down the hall, taking no notice that Michael had ever been there, though his chest said, felt, otherwise.

Michael leaned against the wall behind him with a groan. Why did he have to like a guy that was bound to always end up in some form of trouble one way or another? Michael pulled out his phone to check his status with Jeremy, still blocked. He frowned. He took a breath and tried to convince himself it'd all be okay. Jeremy was just overreacting...it'd all be fine once the school forgot about the video and he'd love him again. Yeah. Okay.

Except Michael knew it wouldn't work like this, not immediately at least...unless maybe... an idea popped into Michael's mind. He cringed at the thought but tried thinking about Jeremy. Jeremy's smile, a smile he might not see again if something wasn't done. He nodded to himself, holding onto that thought, deciding to go through with his plan.