Snow Fell [Part 1]

Be More Gay| BMC AU

Snow Fell [PART ONE]

Michael whistled to himself as he walked out of school, ready to meet Jeremy a block away from the school entrance. He walked down the icy sidewalk, hugging his red hoodie to his body as the cold air ruffled his hair and chilled his body. Snow covered his surroundings, a fresh sheet of ice coated the street- though the snow itself that had been there earlier had been swept away by a snow plow, the same went for the sidewalk, though it had been shoveled by neighbors and the school staff. There was no snow falling currently, though the gray clouds that blanketed the sky threatened another flurry soon. The ice on the sidewalk was starting to melt from all the school kids that just got out who were now trampling and breaking at it. Though some students did slip, most were sensible enough to put their snow boots on for that day of school. Michael wouldn't have remembered if it hadn't been for his ma reminding him over and over again- which he still 'forgot' but was forced to wear them when she shoved them into his hands and stood patiently while he forced them over his feet, which they clung to ever so annoyingly. He had tried to take them off earlier at lunch but Jeremy wouldn't let him, afraid of him slipping and hurting himself. He had argued that he didn't like having them on, but after Jeremy had said they looked cute on him...well, he couldn't take them off. Michael went around some students who waited at the curb for their parents to pick them up. Normally, on snowy days, Michael and Jeremy would ask for a ride home from one of their parents, though unfortunately, Jeremy's  dad had gotten snowed in during the afternoon, as they lived up the hill where the weather was worse, and Michael's mom wasn't able to find the car wheel chains to get the vehicle through the snow. Michael didn't mind this however, because at least this way he was able to spend more time with Jeremy, and since Jeremy's house was snowed in at the moment- though it would be easy to just shovel through the snow from the outside, harder from the inside, any excuse- even a not entirely full proof one- was an excuse good enough to hang out with Jeremy.

Michael turned the corner that lead to the spot where him and Jeremy usually met up. He stopped at the stop sign where Jeremy was usually waiting. He looked around and spotted two unidentified people, as they had their hoods over their head, just then a few feet away- now running quickly in the opposite direction, slipping a few times before hastily getting up, "Huh...dangerous..." Michael shrugged, continuing to look for Jeremy. He frowned, not being able to spot him. He was usually the first one here, Michael had even stopped to check his locker before coming. He began to worry when a noise crept into his ear. He paused, hearing quiet, muffled sobbing from behind him. He turned around and looked down to see a clump of snow trembling, a little face poking out. At first, he didn't recognize the face...but soon the sobs became clear and he realized it was Jeremy.

As quickly as possible he threw himself to the ground and started digging away at the snow, until he uncovered the frail body of Jeremy,"Jer!" He grabbed onto him and pulled him into his lap, clutching him tightly. He could feel the damp, wetness of fresh snow from Jeremy that pressed against him. He could also feel the shivers the went up and down Jeremy's spine. He leaned back to look at him, pressing one of his hands to Jeremy's cheek and using the other to keep him steady, he felt semi warm tears fall down onto his hand as Jeremy tried to control his sobbing, "Jer...what happened...?"

Jeremy took in a few deep, shaky breaths and turned his face to Michael's hand, drying his eyes, before facing Michael once more, "I-I was here...w-waiting for you...a-at the stop sign...and then Jake...and one-one of his buddies...came up form behind a-and they pushed me a-and kicked snow over me- a-and-" He pressed his face to Michael's shoulder, sobs raking his body along with cold shivers, hugging Michael tightly.

Michael returned the hug, holding him so close that they could feel each others' breath on the back of their necks, "It's okay...I'm here...It's okay...I'm here." He repeated calmly as Jeremy's anxiety attack continued. Michael didn't know if anybody was looking or staring, but he didn't care, "Look Jerry," He held Jeremy's face in his hands, "It's over now...it's just me...it's just me..." Michael smiled warmly.

Jeremy's breathing started to go back to normal as he got a sense of his reality, he sniffled and went to wipe his face, Michael stopped him.

"You're soaking, it wouldn't do much good putting a wet hand to your face," He pulled his sleeve over his hand and held it against Jeremy's eyes for a moment.

Jeremy started to get up with the help of Michael, "...I'm sorry..."

"For what?" Michael began to steady him.

"F-for...being a-a wimp..." Jeremy glanced at his feet, sniffing one more, though he had stopped crying now.

Michael let out a chuckle, "Don't apologize for that dude." He smiled up at Jeremy, who was now a few inches taller than him as he stood up straight, "Besides, if you're a wimp- then wimps are cute."

Jeremy's face turned to a rosy red and he released a tiny squeak.

"Now, let's get to my house, come on- you can wear my hoodie." Michael offered.

"N-no- I couldn't possibly, M-Mikey it's the o-only thing keeping you warm, I know you wore your p-pac-man short sleeve under that..." Jeremy rubbed his arms, but Michael was already taking the hoodie off.

He handed it to Jeremy. At first, Jeremy resisted, "Dude...do I have to force this on you? That'll look pretty strange to anybody who looks by."

Jeremy laughed, "F-fine." He grabbed the hoodie, wanting nothing more than to put it on, though he tried not to express this. He pulled it over his head and flattened it out against his body. It was a bit loose, as Michael was wider than his frail image, but reached all the way to his wrists and waist without bunching up like it did for Michael. He then proceeded to pull the hood itself over his head and tug at the strings so that only his nose and eyes popped out of the front.

Michael felt his breath catch in his chest. He was looking at Jeremy. His best friend, now boyfriend. Wearing his hoodie. Something about it made him grow as hot as his body temperature would allow.

"Com'ere." Jeremy held out his hand to Michael, "Y-your hands must be cold..." All previous anxieties and trauma were forgotten as their fingers laced together.

Michael shifted closer to Jeremy, continuing to hold his hand as he pressed up against him. And he figured that the heat from his blush would be at least enough to get him to his house...even if he eventually got frostbite...