Just forget it [Part 2]

Just Forget It

Michael grabbed Jeremy's hand, heading upstairs towards his own room.

Jeremy frowned, "We're not going to play video games?"

Michael shook his head, "You know it's not good for you after..." He shook his head again, "No."

"...Okay...I suppose you're right." He laced his own fingers between Michael's fingers, comforted by the feeling of him there.

Michael stopped at the entrance to his room and opened the door, Jeremy following close behind. He shut the door after they both got in and headed towards his computer, sitting down at his swivel-seat and turning towards Jeremy.

Jeremy fell back onto the bed, wrapping the comforter around himself and rolling over onto his stomach to face Michael.

Michael looked Jeremy in the eye.

Jeremy smiled nervously, "Wh-what?"

Michael frowned, "Jer..."

"Michael please...just drop it."

"No. No...this is important Jeremy-"

Jeremy sat up, dropping the comforter, "Why though?" Jeremy smiled, getting annoyed.

Michael sighed, "Jeremy. I'm being serious right now."

"So am I!" He glanced down at his feet.

Michael got up from the swivel seat and sat down beside Jeremy.

"Michael you're overreacting." Jeremy fiddled with the hem of the comforter.

"...You..." Michael began, looking at Jeremy, "Jer..."

"I...? I what?" Jeremy smiled, trying to look ignorant.

"...You haven't told your dad yet...have you Jer?" Michael looked down to see Jeremy clutching the fabric of his comforter, "You haven't come out to him?" He put his hand on Jeremy's shoulder, Jeremy shouldered his hand away.

"Jer you told me you did." Michael frowned.

Jeremy turned to him with an expression of hurt and confusion, "I-I never said that- I never said anything...that wasn't true...all I said was that he knew who you were to me th-that doesn't mean he thinks you're my Boyfriend Michael..." He let go of the comforter, feeling dizzy, "I don't think I want to talk about this..."

Michael put his hand back on Jeremy's shoulder, "I know but, Jer this is...this is your life."

"Yeah, and it's fine like this. Just like this."

"How does he not know?" Michael blinked.

"Er...well, it's not like he cares about my social life..." Jeremy shifted his feet.

"...Why doesn't he know?"

"...You don't get it Mikey..." Jeremy sighed, "I can't tell him."

"Well...why?"

"He doesn't support this Michael!" Jeremy snapped.

Michael felt his heart drop, "...Oh."

"Is it that surprising? Not many people do outside of this town so of course there are going to be people that don't inside this town as well, one of those people being...my dad." Jeremy felt himself gripping the comforter again and put his hands together so Michael wouldn't notice his stress, though by this point there wasn't much Michael didn't catch onto.

"I guess that's why I'm only allowed over when he's not there, huh?"

Jeremy nodded.

"Well...that's fine." Michael smiled, grabbing one of Jeremy's jittery hands and holding It to steady itself, "You've got me and I've got you and...that's enough. I don't care what the entire world has to say. If you love me and I love you then we're fine. We don't have to tell anyone anything because...we know what we have."

Jeremy looked at Michael with glazed eyes, "...You're great at being a boyfriend." He chuckled.

Michael let Jeremy's head fall onto his shoulder, "...Yeah, I know." He smiled, pressing his cheek to Jeremy's head. They sat on the bed silently, only the sound of the other's breath stirring the quiet...that was enough