Runaway [Part 1]

[I said it was the end of "Christmas is Heere", not the end of the plot ;)]

(This starts where Christmas is Heere, Part 2 ended)

[Tw?] Sorta?

"Merry Christmas..." Michael threw his hoodie at Jeremy before exiting his room. He wasn't even going to make it to the bathroom before braking down. He fell to his knees and slapped his hands over his mouth to mute, if not at least muffle, his voiced pain. He felt sharp pain in his throat as he fought back the tears, what the hell had just happened? 'I wish we'd never started dating' What was Jeremy's problem? I guess...if it were my ma I'd be pretty upset having known she didn't approve...regardless, that doesn't give him a damn right to go around saying shit like that... Michael quietly sniffled, not wanting to make Jeremy aware of his sorrows. Though, honestly, how could he not tell that Michael would be upset?

Michael gripped his chest, wishing he could tear his heart out so that the pain would stop, so that the tears would stop, so that it would all just stop...Jeremy didn't really mean it...no...yes...yes he did...you're a worthless piece of trash that should have been burned a long time ago...a burden...a burden to all you participate to...just die...just die... Michael held his legs to his chest and rocked himself back and forth, shoving his glasses into his shirt pocket and burying his face in his knees. He let out a shaky breath, trembling. Why do things always seem to turn out this way...is it us...? Are we just not meant to be together...? Michael looked up Yeah...this was all just one big mistake! His mind was so clouded that he was unable to notice, nor hear, Jeremy's shuffling around in the room behind him. He didn't hear the chest open and slam, he didn't hear the door lock, and he didn't hear the sound of the window opening, just the thundering sound of doubt and denial. However, what he did take into mind is that the sobbing from behind him had stopped. There was only a hushed wind and the sound of Michael's sniffles.

Michael shook his head in confusion and stood up, prepared to gently open the door to see what had changed. To Michael's surprise, when he went to open the door...it was locked. A lump formed in his throat as his mind went through the sudden possibilities of why Jeremy would lock the door, he began hammering on it, "J-Jeremy! Jer! Jer, let me in! It's okay! W-we're okay! Please, I want to h-help! Just let me in!" He cursed and rested his forehead on the door, "I love you..." He whispered. There was no response. Michael's worries grew and he thought frantically. A sudden thought flashed into his mind and he hastily grabbed the house-key, along with his glasses, from his shirt pocket. He quickly put on his glasses before shakily unlocking the door and bursting in. What he found, left him stunned.

Jeremy was nowhere in sight. The room was a bit cluttered and his hoodie had been moved...his hoodie...there was something on top of his hoodie. He leapt forward, falling belly first onto the bed, and grabbed what looked like a piece of paper, when he unfolded it he realized it was a note, addressed to him.

Dear Michael,

I'm sorry...I'm really sorry...I'm the worst boyfriend in the world and I realize that, I mean, I suppose I'm not a boyfriend anymore, huh? Well...It's okay, I got one of the emergency packs and booked it. I'm sorry for all the pain I've cost you bud. This isn't your fault I swear, just forgive and forget, please?

Love, Jeremy.

Michael didn't know what hurt him more, the fact that the love of his life had just run away in the cold-dead of winter, or that parts of the paper were damp. He released the paper and instantly grabbed his hoodie, pulling it over his head as quickly as he possibly could, then heading to his drawers for a pair of pants. He wasn't going to let Jeremy walk out of his life just like that. He then proceeded to close his window and grab his backpack to fill up on essentials. He felt a sudden pierce of pain when reading the RIENDS that still occupied the backpack, but he tried to ignore it.

After stalking up he booked it for the front door, slamming and locking it behind him, making his way down the street as a light snowfall began.

Michael had been wrong. He and Jeremy were meant to be together. Jeremy didn't need someone to contain his flare, he needed someone to match his flare.

Michael let out a huff of cold breath before his figure was swallowed up in the whites of winter.