Nothing Gold Can Stay [Part 2]

Jeremy sat down on his bed and stretched out, still trying to process what had happened, "What went on?" He asked, waiting for the Squip's response. There was no immediate response but then there was the sound that frying wires might make.

"I- erased- your memory- of the last- few- months." The glitching squip's voice rang in his ears.

Jeremy furred his brow, "Why?"

"Michael was interfering with your life and tried to get- rid-of- me."

Jeremy let out a scowl, "Typical. He's just jealous."

"Indeed." The squip agreed as he began to take charge once again.

"Thankfully- like- a computer- your mind kept a backup of me- that backup was active- activating the memory whipping and my-awakening."

"What happened in those months...?" Jeremy frowned, "Did I finally get to Christine?"

"No. Michael tried distracting you to the point where you temporarily got rid of me- temporarily."

"Uhg, can't he just take a hint and move on?" Jeremy felt a sort of pain in his chest at these words. The whole reason I started liking Christine was because Michael wanted this... Jeremy shook his head, "No...I liked Christine out of my own will." He nodded, attempting at convincing himself and pretending he succeeded.

"Of course." The squip's broadcasted form grinned, "And now that that loser is out of the picture, we can finally get back to work!" He snickered, "It should be much easier now."

"Really?" Jeremy grinned, "B-but will I ever get my memories back?"

The Squip shook his head, "They're irrelevant, just distractions, nothing productive or essential."

Jeremy nodded, "If you're sure." He shrugged, praying he hadn't embarrassed himself in the time he'd forgotten about.

"The slight concussion in your brain should be fine for now, the probability of it healing on it's own is eighty percent, the odds are in our favor- and seeing as your father doesn't quite are enough to take you in at the moment, too caught up job interviews and what not you beings need to survive, it's not like he'd take you in anyway." The squip shrugged.

"I- he might, if I asked..."

"But we don't want that Jeremy, your fractured mind is what's keeping me running right now. I am that concussion and as soon as it's fixed, I'm out like a blip."

Jeremy frowned, "Alright..."

"Now, let's devise a plan for tomorrow. Goal...Christine...popularity...essential life living."

Jeremy nodded in agreement, "Yup." He kicked his legs back and forth over the edge of his bed, slouching over to play with the string of his shoes.

The squip scowled, "Though you can't recall your previous livings of the last month, your muscle memory is still intact, along with countless other cracks in your system...we'll need to fix that." The squip snapped his fingers so Jeremy would be forced into an upright position.

"shIT!" Jeremy shrieked at the sudden pain.

"Ah that's right, your body is accustomed to the shock waves anymore...we'll take this slow." The squip snapped at a steady pace while Jeremy's posture began to fixate itself.

Jeremy continued to wince at each shock, "I-I think I'm g-good." His voice shook with the zaps.

The squip lowered his snapping hand, "I suppose so, for now, don't want to fry your system."