Love Notes [Part 1]

///Guess who went back and deleted all the ads I posted for my other books to give this book more room???

Jeremy looked down at the note in his hands, letting out a shaky breath as he read over it one last time. It wasn't the note that Jeremy was afraid of, it was the receiver of the note that he was afraid- more specifically, their response- if they had a response at all...he had worded things in a clever way though, at least, he thought this.
Michael was the owner of the locker 2229 and Jeremy owned locker 2222, so they weren't too far apart from each other, and it gave Jeremy the chance to talk to Michael an initial time, rather than just at break and lunch, not to mention that they hardly ever even talked then, they just happened to sit in the same friend group, made up of Rich, Jake, Christine, Jenna, Chloe, and Brooke, and Michael of course, so it was a rare thing for Michael to sit by him- especially given that Jeremy always arrived late so it was almost always up to him to choose where he should sit and he could never bring himself to sit next to Michael. Michael was probably the geekiest out of the entire group of friends, and Jeremy rivaled to be the second, though he never shared his passion for video games and retro themes in general with anyone else, part of him wondered though that if he did, if Michael would think he was cooler. Well, this wasn't entirely true. Michael was aware that Jeremy liked retro video games because he was the only one who actually enjoyed his end of the year party at a retro video game arcade down town, everyone else ended up leaving early which just left Jeremy and Michael alone to play Two-Player Pac-Man until the arcade closed. That had been around the time that Jeremy had developed a crush on Michael, also when he and Michael started socializing at their lockers during their passing periods...they would talk about random things that had gone on that day, and it was nice...but it was becoming overwhelming for Jeremy. Jeremy wanted nothing more than for Michael to like him back, but he was fairly sure that the other had no idea of this and that the feelings would be one-sided. However, it was getting to be the last few weeks of school and Jeremy didn't know how he'd cope over summer knowing that, as each day passed, that Michael was probably thinking about him less and less and- Jeremy took in a quick breath, looking at the slits in Michael's locker, the note in his hand wrinkled from being clenched for so long now, he then quickly slipped it in, immediately letting out a shrill squeak as he realized what he had just done. He had just admitted. To being gay. For Michael Mell. Before more thoughts could slam from Jeremy's chest into his head, the shrill sound of the lunch bell rang and Jeremy booked it out of the hallway and towards where he usually sat for lunch, pushing past other people who were coming from their last period, which he himself had skipped just to prepare and give this note. He hardly even noticed when he brushed past Michael.

"Hey, dude!" Michael grabbed Jeremy's backpack handle, causing the other to fall to the ground in his haste. Michael instantly felt guilty as his face grew hot, "Holy- I'm sorry, man, are you okay?" He bent down, looking at Jeremy with concern.

Jeremy took a few moments to process wha had happened before he began to madly blush, "N-uh- eh- eruh?" Jeremy's voice was shrill and he wasn't able to get a single, legible word out.

"...Jer?"

Jeremy squeaked.

Michael stood up and held out a hand for Jeremy, "Here, let's get out of the middle of the hallway..." He murmured awkwardly.

"Eh- mhm." Jeremy nodded quickly, shakily grabbing Michael's hand and allowing the boy to hoist him to his feet, all whilst Jeremy's hand was trembling.

"You took quite a spill there, huh? Sorry about that, I was just trying to stop you." Michael scratched the back of his neck with a guilty smile.

Jeremy's legs felt like they might give in as he realized Michael was still holding his hand.

With the next few moments of silence Michale seemed to realize what he was doing and quickly let go of Jeremy's hand, "Ahaha, sorry about that." He stiffened up.

"N-no- you're good." Jeremy was holding his breath.

"Ah, he speaks." Michael cracked a grin.

Jeremy shrank down with a sheepish smile.

"What were you in such a hurry for anyway?" Michael cocked an eyebrow.

"I um- I-" Jeremy didn't know what to say, and was almost glad when he was interpreted by a scream from down the hallway.

Michael jumped as he was startled and turned his head to see Christine bolting towards them, "Oh, hey Chris-"

"JEREMY!" Christine squealed, latching onto Jim and giving him a big squeeze of a hug.

"H-hey, Christine." Jeremy looked down at her in confusion, they were good friends but were never this touchy with each other.

"I got your note!" Christine beamed with a wide smile, "I like you too!"