Dorky Facts

[Some of these facts are inspired by a recent update of my most popular Book EDIT: look how freaking humble I was 'Be More Gay' in it's part 'Flowery Picnic'] EDIT: Recent update my arse

***

Michael took in a deep breath as he began scribbling down on his sheet of paper in math class. He cupped his arm wrapped around the sheet so nobody but him could see it, this was of up most importance. He felt excitement as well as nervous energy as he continued to scribble down on the piece of paper. I'll give it to Jeremy. Yeah. Definitely. Today. While they were walking home. Okay. No matter how much Michael was talking himself into this, he was utterly terrified. Jeremy was the light of his life, and giving him this note could ruin their entire friendship. And Michael didn't know what he'd do without his little ray of fierce sunshine with him... this note was risking so so much. Part of Michael, well, most of Michael, was thinking against this idea as an entire whole. Though, there was also the counter argument.

If Michael didn't give Jeremy this note, he'd have to live with Jeremy using the words 'Pal, friend, bestfriend' all were wonderful coming from him, but it still hurt.... and what hurt the most, and what would continue to hurt? When Jeremy had a crush. It had happened recently, Jeremy had been so happy to share with Michael that he liked Christine, and Michael tried to be so happy for him, smiling and encouraging him on. That's what he always did, wasn't it? Smile in the background while he watched the love of his life grow absolutely oblivious to Michael's growing feelings...this always happened, and Michael was used to it. However, there's only so much you can do until your breaking point, the point where there's this gut feeling that stirs you up inside out. A feeling that's a mixture of all those depressing thoughts and then I suddenly lifts you up, and gives you hope, and you snap. And all of a sudden you need to do this. He needed to tell Jeremy of his feelings before he got hurt another time, he didn't know how much longer he could take the rejection- well, it was rejection on his end, Jeremy was ignorant to the sheer pain he was causing Michael every time he was left alone to his own thoughts, the pain of hope flickering out and then igniting once more just to be stomped out. It was like a pattern, a loop, a nightmare that you could never escape no matter how hard you tried- but Michael was going to escape.

Michael folded up the note and stuck it in the secret compartment at the bottom part of his, backpack, a small cup-holder that blended in with the rest of the fabric that was sewn into it, and the note was compact and flat enough that it didn't make much of a difference, if at all, in how bulky the pocket showed- it made no physical appearance that is.

***

When the end of sixth period rolled by, Michael couldn't help but feel a sense of regret that churned in his stomach as he went over the consequences that would come with this note. What if this didn't work out? His light would be doused forever. What if this did work out? Well great, great until Jeremy realizes what a pathetic loser Michael is and wants to dump him? Michael shook his head. This would be fine. It had to be fine.

And there it went, the sixth period bell, signaling Michael's utter and inevitable doom.

Michael practically flew out of his sixth-period classroom and booked it towards the front corner of the school, he and Jeremy's usual meet up spot. Michael snatched the note from his bag while running, panting as he made it to the stop-sign that signaled the exact spot of meeting, he then slid the note in his hand in such a way that it would be unseen to the eye of any passerby- including Jeremy.

It felt like an instant later when Jeremy approached, tapping Michael on the shoulder, "You ready?" He smiled warmly.

Michael felt himself drift into a daze at that smile, it was his favorite smile, that of one full of mutual love. Well, no. Jeremy loved him as a bestfriend...Michael...wasn't satisfied with that.

Michael found it hard to pick a time to confess to Jeremy as they got closer and closer to his house, he was running out of time and he needed to make move quickly, but his lips were glued shut and his hand wouldn't move, no matter how hard he tried he just couldn't think of loosing his light.

Michael began to wave goodbye to Jeremy as he stopped at the boy's driveway.

"See ya' tomorrow!" Jeremy called to him.

"Y-yeah!" Michael began walking away, then he stopped. He knew that if he didn't do this he would regret it for the rest of his life- or for twenty-four hours until he could try again, it all depended. He took a deep, shaky breath, turning around quickly and walking up to Jeremy before he could decided otherwise, "H-Here, Heere." He mumbled as he shoved the paper in Jeremy's hand, bolting away before the boy could respond, smiling shyly to himself while he regretted all of his life decisions.

***

Jeremy blinked in confusion as he watched Michael run out of view. He shook his head, sure that this was one of those pranks where he'd open it and it'd say April Fools! Or Got'ch'ya! Either way, he didn't expect what he found inside as he began reading over the paper...

Facts About You, Jeremy Heere:

1. You're literally the cutest person I've ever set eyes on... //> <///

2. You're always there, even when you don't need to be, you're there <3

3. You've got these magnificent eyes that seem to shine even when you're feeling down...

4. You stick it up for those who need it

5. And the final fact is...I like you <3

Jeremy nearly dropped the paper as he read the last part, his own hands trembling as he read it over and over again.

***

Michael looked up from where he groaned into his pillow, still feeling regretful, he nearly screamed when he heard a buzz from his phone- and then he did scream when he saw it was from Jeremy. He instantly sat up, hitting his head on the frame of the bed and cursing, though ignoring it ultimately, he held his phone close to his face as he began to read, expecting a rejection.

Jeremy: Yes.

Michael: ...?

Jeremy: We can share that last fact

Michael: ///O-O/// Meaning?

Jeremy: Meaning, I'll be there in five.

Jeremy: ...<3