Hidden Floof

Jeremy tapped his foot with impatience as he waited for Michael to meet him at the corner of his house like they usually did so they could walk to school. Michael was almost always on time, and was usually there before Jeremy even arrived. It was rare when Michael wouldn't be there before Jeremy, which is why this was worrisome.

Jeremy sighed and pulled out his phone, pulling up his iMessage app, and texting Michael.

Jerbear- Michael?

Jerbear- Where are you??? I've been waiting for like...

Jerbear- forever, where you at?

...

No response.

Jerbear- I'm going to end up leaving without you??

MikeTheBike- Oh, dude sorry, I forgot to tell you I'm home sick today

MikeTheBike- :(

Jeremy frowned, Michael rarely got sick- and even when he was, he'd come to school regardless just to see Jeremy. This thought made Jeremy smile before realizing Michael was sick.

Updated contact name

Jerbear- Feel better soon!! TwT

MikeTheSickBikeSickNotAsInCoolButAsInAchoo- Thanks :)

Jeremy turned his phone off before the writer had to retype that contact name with a sigh as Michael stopped responding, he then looked at the time and yelped, it was 10 minutes until school states and it was a 20 minute walk—

Jeremy booked it down the street, running the best he could, which was his, as Michael would call it, signature dork run, as he unintentionally flailed his arms around with his body leaned forward and legs all over the place.

Despite this form of transportation, it was actually quite an efficient way for Jeremy to run...seeing as how he couldn't really run any other way...no matter how much he practiced...for years...his entire life to be specific...

Regardless.

Jeremy made it to school in no time, the first period bell hadn't even rung yet, "Rad..." Jeremy nodded as he strolled into school, trying not to feel self conscious as he walked through the front doors. Without Michael there, Jeremy felt vulnerable and really uncomfortable.

Jeremy continued down the hall, holding onto his backpack straps tightly and awkwardly as he walked all too quick to his first period, reaching it as fast as he could without stopping and sighing in relief once he was inside its doors.

Jeremy wouldn't publicly admit it, but he was lost without Michael- Literally, it was a miracle that he found his way to his first period at all-
Michael was Jeremy's rock, and once that rock was unexpectedly taken out from under him, he crashed right on his head, all disoriented and unsure how to function. Michael... was always there for Jeremy...Jeremy needed him- especially now.

Jeremy looked in horror at the message on the chalk board when he sat down at his desk.

Your bodies are changing.

Jeremy groaned and slumped his head down on the table, no wonder Michael was sick today- Jeremy was pretty sure he'd be just the same right after this period.

***

After making it through a hellish health class and a nightmare of a school day with a sick Mell, Jeremy, after school, was now making his way to what was Michael's first period class, pausing at the door and hesitating to come in before he heard to muffled voice inside call for him to come in; Jeremy then scrambled to open the door and leaned against the doorway, trying to seem chill but coming off as an awkward geek, which wasn't exactly a lie, "Uh- um- is this...Michael Mell's first um period class?"