Jeremy Gets a Girlfriend: Part 5

Jeremy Gets a Girlfriend: Part 5, Final Part

When the lunch bell rang Jeremy about leapt out of his seat, grabbing Christine by the wrist and practically dragging her out of class, he could feel his heart rate pick up tremendously, but not because they were holding hands.

For Christine however, she felt as if her heart were going to burst as Jeremy gripped her hand, her face reddening.

Jeremy advanced quickly towards the Cafeteria, but Christine stopped him with a tug, "Wait," She panted as they stopped jogging, "Why can't you just tell me right here? There are so many people in the cafeteria and-"

"That's the point." Jeremy nodded, continuing.

Christine blinked in confusion as they made their way down the stairs, towards the caf. Jeremy stopped at the entrance, suddenly taking a step back into the hallway and catching his breath, "I don't know if I can do this..." He murmured, letting go of Christine's hand.

"It's okay...Y-you're Jeremy Heere- you can do anything." She twirled her hair shyly.

Jeremy smiled, "Thanks..." Christine was a good person...to be honest, he could see why Michael thought he liked her, or why anybody would like her. She was a genuine, kind girl. However, Christine could be the most perfect girl on earth- the most perfect guy on earth for the matter; But, that wouldn't matter to Jeremy, plus- she couldn't be the most perfect guy on Earth...Michael was. He paused another moment to take a deep breath, grabbing Christine by the hand and heading into the cafeteria, "Come on." He nodded.

"O-okay." Christine followed, though it wasn't like she had a choice or anything- Jeremy was practically dragging her at this rate and speed. Whatever he had to say, must be important, she'd never seen him use this kind of strength before, and found it quite a bit attractive.

Jeremy stopped to look over the cafeteria, looking over every single bench and stopping at the one he usually sat at, surprised to see Michael sitting there, '...Is he...waiting for me...?' Jeremy felt his cheek get heated and his heart flutter before frowning, 'No...he's probably just claiming it so I won't take it...I deserve that...' He took a shaky breath and headed towards Michael, stopping just behind him, releasing Chrstine's hand, "Christine..." Jeremy started, "You're a really nice girl...honestly I swear..."

Christine smiled, "Thank You Jer-"

"I'm not finished." He continued, "You've been a wonderful friend to me and that's more than I could ever want...but...that's all that I want right now..."

Christine looked confused, "Jeremy?"

"Chrstine...I don't think I want to be...in a relationship with you..."

"...But...so suddenly...and...why...?" Christine looked a bit hurt but more so confused.

"Because..." Jeremy had to take a big breath to fill the insecurity that lurked in his chest, "Because..." He Said a bit louder, "Because I love Michael Mell. And Michael is my boyfriend." Jeremy heard a cough from behind him and glanced over to see Michael nearly choke on his sushi roll.

There were some murmurs from the people around him, someone even let out a little 'Woo hoo' before they continued their lunches.

Christine frowned, "I...had my suspicions..."

"You did?"

"Well...I thought maybe you two just held hands as a...bro thing..."

Jeremy's face flushed, "Y-you saw that?"

Christine chuckled, "Honestly, it's pretty obvious you two aren't just coincidently putting your arms so close together under the table- at the same time."

"S-so you're not mad...?"

Christine shook her head, "I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't tell me earlier...a bit embarrassed I made a fool of myself..."

"Hey," Jeremy smiled at her, "You didn't make a fool of yourself, I think it's really sweet that you like...er...liked? Me." "But...if you thought Michael and I were a...couple...then why did you ask me out?"

Christine sighed, "Like I said, I thought it might just be a bro thing...but deep down I sorta' knew it wasn't." She nodded, "Well...Yeah...well...er, I better get going, I really do hope that you and Michael get along fine Jeremy." She paused before leaving, "And it's hard to be mad at such an adorkable couple~" She teased.

Jeremy's smile widened as he looked over to Michael who had stopped eating and was staring down at the table. Jeremy slipped in beside him and leaned forward to see his face. He was happy to see a very dark red Michael face and his frown slowly turning into a wide smile as he couldn't hide it anymore. Michael turned to him, absolute joy on his face.

"...Does this mean-" Jeremy was interrupted as Michael's lips pressed against his.

Michael then pressed his forehead to Jeremy's, "Yes. We're boyf-riends, and I wouldn't have it any other way."