Cleaning Up

Jeremy fiddled nervously with the hem of his blazer.
If you could chart just how much of an absolute wreck Jeremy was right now, it wouldn't matter, because he was off the charts.
Emotionally speaking, that is.
Visually?
Stunning.
He was boasting a royal blue tux with a white under shirt and light blue tie. His hair was curled into swoops of perfection and it all complimented his facial details quite nicely.
This had to make up for how he felt on the inside.

His stomach was performing a circus, flipping inside and out. It wasn't like butterflies, no, more like butterflies were committing acts of war against Jeremy's insides.

Needless to say, a wreck was the least of it.

"I have some blush if you need it, Jeremy." Chloe hummed from where she stood beside Jeremy at the entrance to the ballroom that their high school had rented out for their Prom.

The whole room was currently packed. People were clustered together in the center, hopping up and down to some beat or other, though they'd most certainly break apart to give way to anyone who actually had a date for when the slow dances came on.

That was really the only appeal Jeremy saw to prom, was if you had a date.

And Jeremy did.

Sort of.

No, actually, not really.

It was more of the fact that he was going to get a date.
From Michael, obviously.

Jeremy has tried and tried and tried all the week leading up to Prom to ask Michael out. However, every attempt idea he came up with just didn't feel...right. He didn't want to ask Michael out on the spot...nor in front of so many others.

When Chloe had slapped him over the head earlier tonight post finding out that he in fact had not asked Michael out to the Prom, his only explanation was that he hadn't the desire for a huge Prom ask, he didn't need a million people to see, he just needed Michael.
This left Brooke, who had been beside Chloe, being her date and all, squealing, saving Jeremy from any further slaps to the head.
Though, not from scolding, apparently.

"Do you even know if he's coming?" Chloe glances at Jeremy, who had his eyes pinned to the entrance of the ballroom, where the security, aka the teachers who were volunteering, begrudgingly, and probably unwillingly, looking at their expressions, was letting people in.

"Um, no, not exactly, but-"

"You two are best friends how do you not know?" Chloe scoffed.

"It just...never came up, okay?" Jeremy hissed back in return.

"I'm sure it was awkward." Brooke reassured Jeremy, planting a hand on Chloe's shoulder to signify that she needed to cut Jeremy some slack.

Chloe sighed heavily, "Fine. But you have to do it here, okay? Ask him to dance, to kiss- hell, ask him to fuck you for all I care, just do something! We've all been waiting for ages!" Chloe rolled her eyes.

"Chloe!" Jeremy squeaked in unison with Brooke.

Brooke paused before shrugging, "It..is kinda true though, you two are really obvious about liking each other.."

Jeremy's face turned bright red.

"Never mind about the plush, you've got it all taken care of." Chloe grinned.

"I'm not that obvious."

"You're as obvious as you are oblivious." Chloe sighed.

"Oblivious about what?" A happy-go-lucky voice chirped and everyone jumped.