The 100

This AU can/will have Spoilers for the Show 'The 100' For those of you who don't know what 'The 100' is- I'll explain now...

[Spoiler Warning again]

After the nuclear war commenced, the radiation made it no longer safe for humans to inhabit earth... Man Kind's solution was to expand their reach out to the stars.

Nearly a hundred years has passed and the human race has been living in the orbit of earth inhabiting a spaceship know as

The Ark

The original plan: to stay in space until radiation levels have gone down, making it safe for mankind to live on earth once more

However, engineers have recently found a leak in the ship's oxygen tanks, meaning the humans in the space station may not live to see the day they make it to earth- for they may not last long.

Their solution?

100 fugitives.

While the ark may be a mix of countries together, reproducing over years to make one union- it's not all perfect. There is still crime and there are still criminals.

When you commit a crime on the ark, your punishment varies on your age. If you are under the age of 18 you will be sent to the Ark's Jailing system until you are the age of 18.

If you are over the age or of the age of 18, you will be sentenced to death and floated

Floated is another term for death this is due to the literal fact that you are killed by being locked in a pod and having the airlock opened on you.

100 Fugitives.

100 Fugitives are being sent to earth, their vitals being tracked via wrist band to see if earth is inhabitable.

// Alright guys so HEERE is how I'll be doing things. That's basically all you need to know for now and I'll be writing the AU chapters to this in bits and parts [Like I may write some parts and then do a timeskip with a small explanation of what happened in that timeskip, so here's your first bit...]

Jeremy's POV

Jeremy smiled down at the picture he sketched on his prison floor. It was the moon rising above a river between the banks of trees and soil. His whole prison pod was filled with these kinds of pictures, drawings of the ground, of earth, after all- all he had time to do was draw, given only a stick of charcoal and a walls.

I feel the sun on my face...I feel the trees all around me...the scent of wildflowers on the breeze....it's so beautiful...In this moment...I'm not stranded in space...It's been ninety-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse  killed everyone on earth... leaving the planet simmering in radiation...fortunately, there were survivors. Twelve nations had operating space stations at the time of the bombs, there is now only The Ark, one station forged from the many. We're told the earth needs another hundred years to become survivable again, four more space born generations before we're allowed back to the ground- the ground. That's the dream. This. Is reality.

Jeremy was jolted from reality when he heard his door slam open, he shakily turned around, his eyes widening with dismay as he saw a pair of guard advance towards him.

"Prisoner 319, face the wall." One of them ordered at Jeremy.

Reality SUCKS.

Jeremy got up, "What is this?"

The guards ignored his question, "Hold out your right arm."

Jeremy felt panic rising in his chest, "N-No, no. It's my my time." He fought to keep his voice steady but was loosing the battle, "No- I don't turn eighteen for another month!"

"Hold out your right arm."

On the Ark, every Crime, no matter how small, is punishable by death, unless you're under eighteen.

"Take off the watch." One of the guards growled.

"N-No it was my mother's!" Jeremy whimpered.

"Take it off!" One of the guards attempted to grab at Jeremy's wrist but he pulled away, backing up, "No!" Jeremy shrieked and blindly threw a punch at one of the guards, pushing him into the other and booking it towards the door, slamming the door behind him and locking the two guards in, skidding to a halt at the edge of the balcony his pod was located at.

There were countless rows of pods and countless floors of pods, ninety nine of them filled with prisoners, one empty behind Jeremy, the pod he had just escaped from.

All the offenders go here. The skybox.

Jeremy looked around wildly for an escape, running to his left but being stopped by an oncoming guard, then right but the same fate, he looked forward at the groundless option in front of him, looking for an exit, then:

"Jeremy stop!" A voice shouted from beside Jeremy.

Jeremy looked over to see his father pushing fast some guards, "Dad...? Dad! Wh-what's going on?!" Jeremy grabbed his dad in a hug, pushing his face to his shoulder to wipe the escaping tears, "Wh-what is this?" He sniffled. Jeremy looked over at all the other prisoners being escorted from their pods down the hall, "Th-they're killing us all aren't they?" His voice shook, "Reducing the population to make time for the rest of you?" A few more warm tears trickled down Jeremy's face.

Mr.Heere gave his son a final squeeze before grabbing his shoulders and looking him in the eye, "Jeremy, Jeremy listen- You are not being executed- you're being sent to the ground!" "All one hundred of you!"

Jeremy shook his head in confusion, "But it's not safe- n-no- no! We get reviewed at eighteen-"

"Things have changed, this gives you a chance to live!" "You're instincts will tell you to take care of everyone else first, just like your mother, but be careful- I can't loose you too..." Mr.Heere's voice cracked as he held Jeremy by the cheeks, stroking his face with his thumb, "I love you so much." Mr.Heere grabbed Jeremy into a hug before nodding to a guard.

"Wha-" Jeremy started before he felt pain in his shoulder for an instant as a dart was shot into his shoulder, he heard his dad's voice fading...

"Earth, Jeremy...You get to go to earth..."