Gender-Swap AU

10k Special

[Requested]

[Y E S]

Mia stood awkwardly in the hall, debating whether or not to put her hands in the pockets of her jeans or on the waist of her bright-yellow tank-top. She would switch positions every few seconds, waiting for her. Her. She was coming. Mia swallowed, her stomach flipping with nervous energy as Michaela walked towards her. Mia smiled, admiring the young girl's outfit. Michaela was wearing her signature red hoodie and ripped jeans, her hair fell softly to her shoulders and would bounce with every step she took. Mia felt her heart flutter as Michaela neared. She didn't really know why this was the case. Mia had known Michaela for twelve years now, that was nearly her whole life...but recently...recently a certain fondness had grown for the girl that she just couldn't shake off.

Michaela approached Mia with a wide grin, "Hi Jerimiah~!" She slouched against the locker next to Mia.

Mia flinched, her face turning a bright shade of red, "Michaela, please...call me by my nickname, Mia, alright? I don't want anymore excuses for people to beat me up..." Mia sighed.

Michaela sighed, "Alright, Alright, but just for the record- I didn't say it that loud, and that name is honestly the cutest thing ever~" She purred.

Mia's face turned a darker hue of red...was Michaela...flirting with- no. No. She wouldn't...right? Mia shook the thought out of her mind, physically doing so in flipping her short hair that curled down to her shoulder-length, "R-ready for lunch?" She proposed.

Michaela nodded, "You bet! I'm as hungry as a-"

"As hungry as a Michaela?" Mia giggled.

Michael squinted at her with a small grin, "Yeah. Precisely."

"Let's go down to Seven-Eleven then!" Mia was already making her way down the hallway, with Michaela at her heels, soon catching up to her and matching her stride.

"So...who is it?" Michaela's grin widened, glancing at Mia.

"Wh-what? Who's who?" Mia began to get flustered at the sudden question.

"Mia. You've had this dopey look in your eyes for the last week now every lunch-period, are you going to tell me the guy you like or what? I mean- they're probably in your fourth period since it's always at lunch but don't make me guess- I will if I have to but honestly Jer- Mia- please, just tell me who the lucky fella you're into is?" Michael made a cutesy smile.

"Th-the guy that I'd kinda' be into?" Jeremy gulped.

"Yeah! That guy that'd you'd kinda' be into!" Michaela pressed on, wiggling her eyebrows at Mia.

"I-it-s sh-she- doesn't even know I like-"

"IT'S A GIRL?!" Michaela grabbed Mia's shoulder to stop her, "You're GAY!?"

Mia slapped her hand over Michael's mouth, "SH! Shut up before somebody hears, you idiot!" She hissed.

Michaela brushed her hand down, "Fine." She muttered, continuing to walk with Mia once again as they exited the school and headed down the street towards the seven-eleven, "Honestly, it's a pretty great coincidence!" Michaela laughed.

"H-How so?" Mia twiddled her thumbs in front of her, awkwardly.

"Seriously Mia?" Michaela chuckled.

"Wh-what?" Mia stuttered.

Michaela pointed to the 'Gay-Pride' patch on her lower left arm, ironed onto her red-hoodie, "Mia I'm gay as fuck."

"O-Oh!" Mia couldn't help but feel her heart life while her brain sunk, how could she be so ignorant? Though...technically they were both ignorant at this point...

"You're such a dork." Michaela giggled.

"I-I've always thought of myself as more of a geek." Mia muttered.

"My geek~"

"Wh-what'd you sa-"

"I SAID NICE SNEAK!" Michaela interjected quickly.

"...What does that mean...?" Mia frowned.

"Nice...sneak...er...s...?" Michael began with a cough, her face flushing up.

"...They're fricken converse Michaela."

"OH LOOK WE'RE HEERE!" Michaela dragged out the 'e' just to get on Mia's nerves.

"Oh shut up." Mia muttered as they entered the store, stepping up to make their slurpees.

"So, who is this 'Mystery Girl'?" Michaela began again.

"I-I uh- y-you don't even know them." Mia laughed nervously.

"Of course I do! I know every girl in this school, I even went out with Richel once...it didn't go well..." Michaela sighed.

"Don't you mean Rachel...?" Mia questioned.

Michaela shook her head, "No. I mean Richel. I think she's going out with Jackie D. now though."

"Oh...I'm sorry it didn't work out..." Mia frowned.

"No, no, I didn't like her all too much. I was just trying to hint at my actual crush that I was gay...though they never seemed to notice." Michaela chuckled.

"Oh..." Mia shifted her feet before feeling a cold, wet, and sticky sensation hit her hand. She let out a squeak when she saw that her cup has overflowed and was now running down her hand. She then quickly grabbed a napkin and began wiping herself off.

"You gave yourself quite a generous pour there, huh?" Michaela giggled.

"Sh-shut up and help me!" Mia stammered.

"How can I help~?" Michaela grinned.

". . . could you...kiss it better?" Mia didn't look away from her hand, in fear that Michaela would see that blush that was so obviously there.

Michaela felt her heart nearly stop at the request, or maybe it was beating so fast that she couldn't feel it at all...? Either way she wasn't about to pass up this chance, she leaned down and kissed Mia's hand, it tasted like Mountain-Dew Slurpee and she grinned when she heard a high-pitched squeak-squeal escape from Mia's mouth. Michaela dared to look up at Mia and saw that her face was burning a bright red... her face was probably no better, to be honest, "Oh no." Michaela gasped.

Mia didn't think it was possible, but her heart raced faster, had she made a mistake? Did Michaela hate her now, "Wh-what's wrong?" She heard her voice crack and winced.

"I think that your lips need assistance too Mia, here Heere, let me help." She stood on the tips of her toes, closing her eyes as she sealed a kiss on Mia's lips, feeling Mia kiss back. They stayed like that for a few moments before breaking apart, letting out little pants for air.

"You're the gal I am so kinda' into..." Mia smiled.

"This is sweet and all but...you'll still need to pay for all of this." The cashier coughed, pointed to the spilled drink.

Michaela glanced at Mia and they both let out a bout of laughter.

-----

//A|N: YES. YES I DID MAKE A HECK TON O' REFERENCES. WHY? COS' I CAN. <3