|22|

❄️

~Year 2090-Winter-

I'm sorry you have to stay hidden for the winter solstice again...

I sigh while pulling up to Aohdan's estate, another winter solstice having crept up quickly upon us all. The deal Tresor and I made a couple of years ago...

...he's supposed to hold up his end of the bargain however, it's almost the end of the year and I still haven't found her. Part of me wants to go against our agreement, yet I can't do anything that will provoke him...

Eh, it's fine. Besides, if you find your beloved, you can finally put your plan into action. Fully awakened and trained, your hybrid girl could possibly bring down Arthur.

Not possibly...she will.

Stepping out of the vehicle and into the brisk weather, I'm thankful we aren't up in the snow this year...that'll be Arthur's hosting next year unfortunately. Shaking my head, I step toward the front doors, the rest of my coven members that I'd brought along with me waiting ahead. Once I knock on the door, it's not longer before I'm greeted by a young girl with short curly red hair, her wide crystal blue eyes capturing my own.

Rochelle.

I'm quite frankly surprised she's answering the door...a personal slave...Aohdan's beloved, she should be by his side...not Laisha. At least over the years, he's become more tolerable. The anger he holds onto is something unfathomable, but he's been better with asking me over to visit with him. I think it has to do with Delaney, perhaps she informed him that I'm looking out for her.

"Well, hello there slave," I nod my head at her and she quickly moves back and inside. When I ask, "Where's Aohdan," she quickly shakes her head as if she can't remember where he's gone.

Rochelle informs me, "Sir, my Master is making sure everything is ready for the council's arrival."

I guess I'm on my own then.

"Thank you, slave," I return with a kind smile and she quickly smiles back. The rest of my coven members that have joined me for the winter solstice head toward the dinning area. If Arthur or Taft has arrived, they'll be wanting to socialize with friends they've established through the covens. Not only that, but Aohdan has more than likely set out a blood buffet for those arriving, recalling the last time he hosted, Arthur was displeased.

With me, a few slaves have been brought for my selection of the winter solstice. Allowing them to head toward the slave quarters of Aohdan's estate, it will give them time to relax before one of them becomes the unfortunate soul that will more than likely end up dead. Damn this all to hell...

Opting to see whether or not my room is ready so I can communicate with Kev in peace, I make my way toward the large staircase. Sliding my hand up the railing, I take the marble steps one at a time, admiring the decorations and splendid accents that Aohdan's gone to such lengths to display to Arthur his wealth. After reaching the top landing, I head in the direction of the council members' chambers, my hands set firmly in my pockets while I take the long hallway.

Furrowing my brows with confusion, as I near one of the open doors to a bedroom, I slow my pace, hearing a male yell as I come closer, "Shut up!" There is a pause before the same voice speaks out, "Just shut up, shut up! You don't know anything!"

Oh how wonderful...

...Aohdan has slaves disputing over god knows what...

"Oh, I don't know anything? Really?" A female responds with annoyance in her voice.