|47|

❄️

~Year 2091-Spring-

3:38AM.

Where the hell is she?!

You haven't seen her?

Kev connects with me as I've been wandering through the passageways in an attempt to figure out where she is and when she'd come back. Only...she hasn't.

Kev...she broke the rule I gave her...

Oh shit...she stayed with Marc? Do you think she's still there?

I don't know...stay in the room and wait for her while I check through the passages once more before I go out and search myself.

I'll wait.

With Kev in place, I move through the passageways, my heart hammering fast in my chest as she isn't here. I want to tell her everything...but how can I if she doesn't return. Maybe she thought it best to remain with just Marc alone...

...after the experience with Dante, he had left to return to his secluded estate while I would tell Rose the truth.

It's a little while longer before I receive word from some of my guards that there is a possible breech in the perimeter.

My little rose...

I move back through the passages, ready to come through the hidden wall when Kev stops me dead in my tracks.

She's in the room.

As the room remains still, I know Kev is hiding himself from her, just as I need to gain access into the room for once it's been revealed that Kev isn't who she thinks he is. Quickly making my way out of the passageway and into the normal hallway, I come to stand just outside of the bedroom door. I can hear her sigh lightly from the other side as I lean against it, noticing the way she attempts to open the locked door, her heart beating fast as she realizes she can't open it.

It's in that moment that I faintly hear Kev's voice surround her, "Your heart continues to beat faster and faster," though her hand falters on the door handle. A few moments pass by before he asks, "Could it be due to the fact that you're now locked in a room with me?"

Rose doesn't respond to him, her heart continuing to beat fast.

Kev moves across the floor toward her when he asks instead, "Or is it because you've broken my one rule?"

She's so frightened...it's actually amusing.

Thank you for actually being more like me for once...the entire time you've portrayed as me for Rose...less than stellar an-

I'm cut off as I hear Rose sincerely say, "I'm sorry, Sir."

Something inside Rose changes though the second Kev says, "You still haven't answered my question."

Your beloved isn't struggling this time...in fact, she's just staring at me.

When even I can hear the animalistic growl coming from Rose, I hear her pull back and away from Kev, though a second later I hear Kev hit the ground.

You better get in here.

What happened?

I think she just figured it out. Knocked me on my ass...again.

"You're not Cormac," I hear her say and that's when I quickly unlock the door. Stepping inside and shutting it behind me, I see Kev standing to his feet with a smirk on his lips while Rose quickly whirls around to stare up at me. Her heartbeats fast, her eyes wide as if she's seeing something she shouldn't be able to.