|70|

❄️

~Year 2091-Winter Solstice-

I never saw Arthur leave his room, but it's no secret that neither he nor Rose are residing within that confined room. A heaviness weighs hard on my heart, not knowing what was done, though I have to move forward in order to finish this...giving Warren my blood soon before the winter solstice follows fifteen hours later after the fusion.

The weaselly boy sits in front of me, his eyes flickering everywhere but my own. When I draw his attention by asking, "How is it that Laisha has kept her secret about male slaves this long in Aohdan's estate, Slave?"

Warren's eyes meet with mine a split second later, his voice lost for a mere second. When he does respond, he states, "I don't know, Sir, but she was caught by Master Taft. Aohdan and he made a deal of some sort...though I don't know exactly what it is to keep his silence. It doesn't matter anyways..."

His voice trails off at the way he appears to be slightly saddened in having to tell me this information. Tilting my head to the side I press further, "Why does it not matter?"

"She's gone," his eyes lift away from mine before I clear my throat and his gaze snaps back to meet with mine and he continues, "Sir...she told me she was leaving for good after the selection process. She met with me outside of the slave housing unit with all her belongings," tears are in his eyes and I furrow my brows with confusion.

"Why are you crying, Slave?" I'm finding it hard to understand this boy, though I see he's just another byproduct of what the code does.

Warren wipes the tears on the back of his sweater before he chokes out, "Sir...I love the Mistress Laisha..."

Releasing a heavy sigh I reply, "Slave...she doesn't love you. You're merely her tool to use however she sees fit and she's chewed you up and spit you out," his eyes are wild with hurt and I can't help but feel a hint of regret and remorse on my end, for what I did to him as I continue, "you're nothing more to her than what she needs in a single moment and time. You'll never be anything more and the way you fascinate and idolize her...it's going to get you killed. If she really did leave, then let her go and the feelings that are not genuinely returned to you by her."

"S-Sir," he sniffles.

"Slave, this could be a turning point and a fresh start for you should you survive The Hunt," I'd been debating whether or not to give him my blood out of spite...

I take the syringe from the side table and motion for him to extend his arm. He slowly outstretches it and I hardly wait for a second before I pierce the needle through his vein and begin to inject it into his blood stream. I say very calmly, "I don't have to explain The Hunt, as you're very well aware of it from Rose and Rochelle...however..." my voice trails off before I lift my gaze to meet with his and say, "...you will protect Rose should she need aid. Do I make myself clear, Slave?"

Warren grimaces from the needle before I remove it from his flesh. He returns with a nod and replies, "Yes Sir," he pauses a moment and withdraws from his pocket a crumpled up letter as he hands it to me and says, "I took this from Rose's room...Laisha wanted me to burn it, but I couldn't...because I found out it was from Rochelle and I don't want to hurt her."

"Thank you," I nod at the door and finish, "go and follow through with the procedure and relax at Arthur's indoor pool house, Slave."

After Warren leaves, I unfold the letter and find

I know I shouldn't be telling you this, but you're different, even if you don't believe me when I said you are a vampire's beloved, you didn't run off and rat me out for telling you. This is exactly why I wanted to write this to you because I have no idea what to do and I'm afraid for my life.