|44|

❄️

~Year 2091-Spring Equinox-

Day and night are of approximate equal duration across the entire planet...

...though it hardly feels that way as I've sadly left Kev in charge of watching over Rose while I take my leave for a short trip. He questioned me, wondering why I would ever leave him alone with her as he's not sure if he could separate his affection for Missy with the knowledge of keeping up appearances with Rose. He's not the best when it comes to making quick decisions, but I have to place my trust in him as I felt a small amount of questions were not entirely his.

I glance at the black duffel bag on the seat next to me, releasing a sigh before looking in the rear view mirror at my estate through the forest background guarding it. Making sure I wasn't seen leaving through the off beaten path, I head toward one of the smaller cities just outside Brury as the plan I'd been formulating is slowly coming together.

I intercepted a note before leaving that Marc was now here and staying at the cabin within the woods, nearby the lake as he was getting settled in. When I get back, I'll give Rose the note, a relief passing over me that he had followed and intended upon being her mate. Doesn't do much good for her being a dormant hybrid if she can't unlock her werewolf gene...

...I wonder.

The thought quickly passes as soon as it comes.

Nah...

...could a hybrid mate alone unlock all traits and she wouldn't need a vampire and, or werewolf mate?

I have no idea how a dormant hybrid works...so there's a possibility for everything.

Pulling off the freeway and into a vacant rest area, I park the car and turn the engine off. Reaching over and unzipping the bag, I withdraw a hard case before flicking the hinge open. As I wrap my fingers around one of the syringes, I set the case down...the swirling liquid silver causing a shiver to run down my spine.

If I weaken myself and this doesn't work...

...perhaps I make it easier for Tresor to kill me if he wishes.

Either way, I have to make a move...

The needle slides into my vein, dispensing the poison into my bloodstream as I grimace at the feeling. Removing the needle and placing it back into the hard case, I move the hinge back into place. After putting it away and zipping the bag shut, I release a heavy sigh.

If this does work...

...Tresor won't know where I'm going.

Getting back onto the freeway, it takes me awhile to get to the grounds my parents' home once stood. Pulling up to the spot, I kill the engine once again and slowly get out of the car. There's hardly a single sound, not even the crickets daring to play their haunting melody as death remains at this residence. The ashes of where the building once stood darkens the ground, killing any possible way for life to regrow...though I believe it might have something to do with other properties hindering life itself.

A few moments later, I open the passenger door and grab the duffel bag. Closing the door behind me, I walk across the surrounding grass area, my eyes wary of the surrounding forest as I will no longer be able to sense if any werewolves are nearby.

Watch...I'm going to get myself killed coming out here and acting like a fool...

Walking onto the darkened remains of the building, I move closer to the center, the place where I'd taken Kirsten's life. When I approximate where this is, I set the bag down and unzip it. Withdrawing a dagger along with the bag of fallen stars, I listen and wait. An unsettling feeling lingers as the grip I have on the handle of the dagger intensifies.