Overstayed

Humans are not satisfied with air freshener and breath freshener, they invented hair freshener.

Yes...you all read it right, there is such a thing as hair freshener.

(Is that a new thing? I think it's been around for months now or maybe even a year...)

Really? I just knew about it. I was shock. So shocked that there is hair freshener now that can freshen your hair and will make it smell good again after being exposed to sun and vehicle smoke.

So shocked that someone vain in our condo bought one.

(Someone vain? Is it Baba?)

Qing: There is a hair freshener now? And you bought some?

Me: Yes. Yes I did.

(Oh, you are the vain one who bought a hair freshener. I see)

Qing: (baffled) Why?

Me: To use on my hair, isn't it obvious? I will not drink this hair freshener, Wang Qing. It will poison me.

Qing: (not impress) You are not even remotely funny. (Taking the small bottle of hair freshener from me) This is a real thing now?

Me: (nodding) Yes.

Jin: (amused tone) You two are so clueless. Are the two of you this cute all the time?

Qing and I looked at our esteemed guest who had been with us for four days now and who had overstayed his welcome three and a half days ago.

Remember Jin and his unusual break up situation? If you don't, reread the chapters titled "Open Relationship". Hey I will not explain who Jin is. Reread. He he...

Anyways, Jin is smiling while staring at us. He is sitting on a solo armchair in our living room with a book on his lap and a pair of eyeglasse perched on his nose. He looked both smart and handsome. And also annoying.

Me: (turning to my lover) Why is he still here?

Qing: (glowering at his friend) Why are you still here?

Jin: My ex is not done collecting her stuffs from my place. I am here to avoid any awkward situation between us.

Me: Meaning, you don't want to see your ex because you are scared that she will confront you about your cheating ways and sleeping with a married woman whom she also knows.

Jin: (snapping his fingers) Exactly. Damn, Qing, you got a smart boyfriend. I don't even need to explain to him. He got it all right.

Me: (flattered) Thank you, I know I am smart.

Qing: (disgusted) Don't buy to his charming ways. Jin just praise you because he wants you to continue letting him stay here.

Me: (happy bubbles bursting) Hey! So you mean I am not really smart?

Jin: Don't listen to Qing, Dayu. He doesn't appreciate smart people. Qing likes to think he is smarter than all of us.

Me: (pouting) I think so too.

Jin: (smiling) I like your quick and witty mind, Dayu. I think you are pretty smart.