Breaking the Bro Code pt2

The next day, Qing had to leave to go back to shooting his project.

Qing: (as we check his luggages) Will you be alright?

Me: (tired tone) I will be. Don't worry about me.

Qing: (wincing) You look like someone whose soul is slowly escaping his body. It's like your will to live is diminishing.

It's because I didn't get enough sleep last night. While my Prince of a boyfriend was sleeping soundly next to me, I stayed awake most of the night.

A sleepless night deplete my energy as well as my patience.

Me: (scowling at him) (snarling) And so? What do you want to convey with those words?

Qing: (looking alarmed) Nothing. I just want to say that you still look handsome to me. I still love you. So much...like a lot...

Me: (squinting eyes suspiciously) Good. Stop giving me lip if you don't want my ugly side to show.

Qing: (looking at his wristwatch) Oh! Look at that. I still have one, two...four hours before my flight. I think I need to go now. Traffic might delay me.

Qing is hurrying to escape my gloomy presence.

Me: Fine! Go! Who needs you?!

Qing: (sighing before he came close to hug me) I am just a call away. If you need me, don't hesitate to call. If I cannot be here, I will send someone to keep you company.

Me: (hugging my lover back) Thank you.

Qing: (kissing my forehead) I love you.

Me: I love you too. Eat well. Work hard. Don't forget to take good breaks and have fun. Stay safe too.

Qing: I will. It will be alright, my Love. You and your friends will be fine. You are all strong.

I wish I have Qing's confidence in us. He doesn't understand. This is something too serious. Something the three of us never had before. An issue that could break our friendship.

They say girls feuding are hard to reconcile, well the same can be said to guys. Especially two guys who has twenty years of history between them.

And being between my two friends, trying to mend things, is hard because they both have valid reasons to keep their stubborn pride.

Xiao: I am willing to talk this out, Meng is the one hardening his heart to me.

Me: I will talk to Meng about this.

Meng: What else do we need to talk about? He is dating my sister, they won't break up, I am not comfortable with it, what else is there to be said?

Me: I don't know. I will talk to Xiao.

Xiao: I gave her up three years ago for Meng. I did it because DaLin was still seventeen then and I thought our feelings will pass. I tried being with others, Dayu ah. I tried. I swear I did but I can't anymore.

Me: Okay. I will go back to Meng.

Meng: If that's what he is feeling then so be it. But this is what I am feeling, Dayu ah. I don't like it. I am not comfortable with it. If DaLin and Xiao won't break up because they say they love each other, then what can I do? But they won't get any support from me. Because I don't like it. I won't tell them what to do, they should not expect me to go against what I am feeling.