A Giving Heart

Qing found me last night in a predicament. One look at me pouting as I lay belly down on our bed and he tried escaping.

Qing: (hesitating to come in) Do you want to be alone? Because I can...

Me: (sitting up on the bed) No. Come
in. Comfort me.

Qing: (tiredly) Oh my, you sound needy. (Smiling) Are you sure? Because I think I left something in the studio and I want to go back...

Me: (squinting my eyes on him) Are you trying to escape from your duty?

Qing: (eyes widening) Duty? What duty?

Me: To make me feel better. You said it. When I feel down, you will comfort me.

Qing: Yeah...but you know. You...it's (sighing)

Qing entered our room. Sat gingerly on the edge of the bed, one and half feet away from me. Don't ask how I sized up the distance between us, just trust me that I know Qing is a foot and a half away from me.

And looking regretful of his decision to come to the bed to comfort me.

Qing: So what happened? Did you broke a tea cup again? Remember when you broke your tea cup? Did you really have to cry because of one tea cup?

That was a gloomy day, when one of the cup on my tea set broke. I have a favorite tea set. Given to me by Qing. It has one tea pot and four cups in the same old ceramic style. But while drinking, my hand slipped and the cup broke.

I cried because I now only have three cups instead of four. It should be four.

If you don't have OCD like me, you won't understand. Four is the perfect number for my teacups. That's their number when my lover gave it to me. They should stay as four, not three.

I failed to protect the teacups Qing gave to me. Oh the horror.

Anyways, the teacups are not the issue. Qing thinking that it's a small matter that is the issue.

Should he really belittle my concerns?

Me: I told you, I was upset because you have given me that tea set. If I have you gift, you will be upset if you broke it too.

Qing: I doubt it. I will still feel relieve that you didn't get hurt when that teacup broke. No matter who gave it to you. Your welfare is more important than that teacup. Really, you over reacted on one cup breaking...

Me: Whatever. Let's just agree to disagree on the importance of that teacup. And no, nothing got broken. I have other problem in my mind.

Qing: What is it? Please, let it be important.

Me: Hey! All my problems are important and relevant to me. And since I am important and relevant to you, my problems should matter to you too.

Qing: I know. But it feels unfair.

Me: What is unfair?

Qing: I don't pester you with my problems and yet here you are, sharing your problems to me when most of them are mundane and just, can I be honest here, plain stupid, Dayu ah...

I gasped. How dare he call my problems stupid and mundane. And why ask me if he can be honest when he didn't even wait for my response before proceeding to be honest.

Wang Qing...I think he needs more lecture in manners from me again.

Me: Fine! Go...if you think my worries are stupid. When has been my worries too stupid anyway?