Chapter 19

Singto couldn't believe his eyes. No, it's not real. Maybe its a nightmare. My Pa cant be here. He went running towards his Pa. His face full of tears.

"Pa, what are you doing here? Please come home with me." Singto pleaded.

"Who are you? I don't recognize you?" Singto's father said.

"What are you saying? I am your son Singto. Why dont you recognize me?" Singto was broken. He couldnt understand why his Pa was punishing him like this.

"Pa, please don't talk like this. I am your son. You are my only family. Please don't leave me Pa." Singto was now crying hysterically.

"What son? I don't have a son. My son is dead for me."

Singto was shocked at his Pa's words. How can Pa speak to me like this. What have I done?

"Pa, I can accept any punishment. You can hit me   but please don't talk like this. Please I beg you Pa. Please don't leave me Pa. I can't live without you." Singto begged his Pa.

"Can't live without me? What a lie. When did you start lying to me?" Pa asked.

"Pa, I have never lied to you. Maybe there is a misunderstanding. Please atleast let me explain Pa."

"So you don't remember now. You remember when you told me that you liked Krist and asked for my blessings. What was my answer Singto?" Pa asked.

Singto froze. He lowered his gaze. He felt guilty now.

"I told you that I can't accept it. I don't want you to be with a guy. I also forbade you to have any relation with him. I thought you will do as per my wish. But I was so wrong."

"Pa, I am sorry. I couldn't control myself. I love him Pa. Please don't make me choose." Singto pleaded.

"But you have made a choice. I saw everything this morning. Saw my son naked with another guy in my own home. Now that you have made your choice be free to live your life as you want. I won't interfere in your life. Let me stay here peacefully." Pa said with a sad look on his face.

"It was a mistake Pa. Please forgive me Pa. Please dont leave me. Now I swear I will do everything as you say. But please please come back to me."Singto couldnt stop crying.

It's true what his Pa said. He has hurted him. He went against his wishes. How could he? The most important person to him is his Pa, his father. He can't choose someone else. Everything with Krist was a mistake.

"Please Pa. Please forgive me just this once. I promise I will do as you say. I won't meet or talk to Krist. Please Pa come back home." Singto kneeled in front of his Pa.

Pa was not hard hearted. He was doing it for his son. He doesn't want people to judge him. He had heard many things about what gay people had to suffer. He didnt want his son to suffer. He has a career and if people came to know about his relationship with another guy his career will be finished. It has happened to some people and he wanted to protect his son. This was the only way to bring him back. He may sound harsh and evil but he can do anything for his son. Its true that its hurting him now but with time he will forget Krist. He was sure of it.

Pa did like Krist but not for his son. He just wants to protect his son and being away from Krist is the best way. Being away from Krist will be good for his career also. He can act with other actors and actresses too. Not be confined to one genre.

"I am sorry but I have your best interest at heart son. I will give you another chance but if you mess up again you will never see me again." Pa said looking serious at Singto.

Singto was glad to have his Pa back to him. "I promise I wont repeat my mistake. I am sorry Pa. Lets go home Pa." Singto was relived to have his Pa back but in his heart he felt broken. He had to move away from Krist. He had to do something to keep him away. I am sorry Krist. Please forgive me. Singto pleaded in his heart.