Chapter 23

The next morning, Knot got up from the bed. He saw Krist sleeping peacefully. He felt sad seeing him like this and angry at Singto who broke his heart. He didn't know what happened yesterday but he knew that its Singto who can hurt Krist like this.

It's good that Krist's parents are not here to see him like this. They would be devastated. Knot thought.

He freshen up and went to prepare breakfast. Krist woke up after some time but he didn't want to leave the bed. He recalled last night. He started crying again. Knot came inside and hugged him.

"Krist, please stop hurting yourself. Haven't you suffered enough. Do you want me and your parents to also suffer seeing you like this?" Knot tried to calm him.

"Please Krist. I know it's hard but you have to be strong. You have to be strong for yourself and for your parents and for me. Its hurting me too to see you like this. Please can't you do this much for me?" Knot pleaded with tears in his eyes.

Krist was shocked. He had never seen him crying. For him Knot was always strong no matter what. He leaned into his arms and placed his head on his chest near his heart. He could hear Knot's heartbeat. Somehow it calmed him.

"I will try Knot. I don't want to hurt anyone. I will try to be strong I promise." Krist told him.

Knot smiled. He caressed his hair and told him to fresh up and have breakfast. Krist nodded and did as he was told. He went to the bathroom and looked at his reflection. "I have to be strong." He reminded himself. He tried to forget about Singto and about that night. He didn't want to remember anymore.

He showered and changed his clothes. He tried to smile for Knot. They sat together but didn't talk. Knot didnt want to know anything. He asked Krist,"Do you have classes today?"

"Ya. Its at 11." Krist replied.

"Ok. Come I will drop you. I will come to pick you up also. Will go to have dinner also ok."

Krist nodded. He was sad but he liked the way Knot was caring for him. Knot was always beside him. Supporting him. Caring for him. He never took him more than a friend. He always wanted Singto. Now Singto was not there in his life. He felt alone.

He went to his room and was packing his bag. His eyes went at Singto's pic which he always kept near his table. He smiled at first but then he cried. Knot came beside him and took the picture from his hand.
He looked at it and then kept it in drawer. Krist didnt say anything.

"Are you ready? We have to leave if you have be on time or you will be late." Knot said smiling.

Krist nodded and smiled. He was glad that Knot didn't ask him anything about Singto. He could not lie to him. He was glad to have Knot by his side.