Chapter 38

The whole way home Krist was wondering about his mae's behaviour. Singto dropped him at the door and left. Krist went inside. He saw his parents discussing something. They stopped talking when they saw him.

"First change your clothes and then come to my room."his dad told him.

Krist was more confused. Why are they angry? He went to his room. He changed his clothes as he had taken shower at Singto's place. He went to his parent's room. They were sitting on the couch.  His dad told him to sit in front.

"Krist do you know how much your mae worried yesterday night? You should have atleast informed us. You are not a kid now."

Krist kept his head down.  He went to his mae and hugged her."Sorry mae. I went to see Singto's new place. I totally forgot the time and as it was late I spent the night there." He was feeling bad that his mae got worried because of him.

"Did you and Singto spend the night in same room?" his dad asked.

Krist was embarrassed. He can't lie to them so he just nodded yes.

His mae could see the hickey on his neck. She touched him there and just looked at him. Krist blushed as he didn't know what to say.

"I want to talk to Singto. Please call him now." his dad told him.

Krist was shocked. Why does his dad want to talk now? He just nodded and went out to call Singto.

"Hi P. Can you come to my place? My dad wants to talk to you." Krist told Singto

"Ok. I will come." Krist cut the call but Singto was worried about it. Why was his dad calling him?

Singto arrived at Krist place. He looked at his parents and Krist seated in living area.

"Sawadee Khrap dad and mae." He greeted them.

"Sawadee Khrap Singto. Come sit here." his mae invited him and sat beside Krist.

"Singto, I know that you both love each other. We have no problem with it. When you moved into your place I had told you to wait for Krist to complete his graduation for him to move in with you. I didn't like Krist spending the night at your place."

Singto and Krist were shocked. They never thought that Krist's parents wont like this.

"Don't get us wrong. We are your parent's. We want the best for you and right now we think that spending the night is too soon. You shoukd wait for some time. We are not stopping you from meeting each other. You can meet but not spend the night TOGETHER." his mae explained.

Krist was embarassed. Singto understood what his parent's were telling him. He just nodded.

"I know that its hard to control your feelings. Even we were young so we know what it's like. Please dont get me wrong. Krist is younger than you. I am worried for him. I know you won't hurt him but I am just doing it for his sake. Please can you wait to do this till he graduates?" his mae asked.

Krist spoke to her,"But why should we. We are mature enough to decide what we want to do. Its not wrong mae. We love each other. We can do what we want. We are not kid's anymore."

Everyone was shocked at Krist's outburst. He was so angry right now. Why should they control themselves? He had agreed when his dad had refused to lethim move in with Singto. He understood then but not this.

Singto looked at Krist and told him to calm down. Krist's dad was also angry and his mae was upset. They were only worried about their son whats so wrong in that? Singto understood their feelings and concern.

"Krist, calm down. They are your parents. They are only worried about you and want the best for you. They are not separating us. They know how much we love each other. They don't want us to spend any night together. We can atleast agree to that."

Krist didn't want to agree to it. He looked at them angrily and went to his room. He slammed the door hard.

Everyone shrugged their shoulders.