Fifty-five

Angelo

It had been a couple days since Maja told us about her son. I knew she wanted to know what I was thinking but I really didn't know what I was thinking. Everyone not including Maja was at Omar's house talking about Maja's news and the trial that was set to start in a couple days. I had finished my third blunt as I listened to them talk. "Wait what happened?" Toya, Omar's girlfriend asked. "So you know Gov. Richard and Maja's situation?" Rocky said.

"Yeah." She said. "He got her pregnant. She has a 5-year-old by him." Reggie chimed in. They started talking about it and all their talking was dancing on my nerve. "How didn't yall know?" I asked drawing everyone's attention. "What?" Arnell asked. "For three months that man raped, beat and did whatever the fuck he wanted to her and none of you knew," I said. "She's your little sister and none of you noticed a change in her throughout those three months. How?" I said.

"You think I didn't ask her repeatedly if something was up?" Tae asked. "I did everything I could to get her to talk to me. I told her if she needs me for anything I would drop everything cause that's my baby sister." He said. "Maja wasn't the type to share her feelings only recently she started to and I respect you for getting her to open up. You think if I had known what that bitch was doing to her I wouldn't have killed him. If you hadn't noticed Maja's good at hiding things." He said.

"And I know you've had a lot of shit thrown at you recently and it's okay to be mad but trying to find someone to blame ain't the way. Because all the anger, hate, rage, and hurt you're feeling Maja's feeling 10x and on top of that she's worried about you. Get your shit together nigga." He said.

~

I was driving around and I found myself driving down Maja's street. I pulled up to her house and I saw a black Suv sitting in front of her house. There were two men posted at her front door. I got out and headed to her front door only to be stopped by one of the men. "Who are you?" this huge white guy asked. "Who are you?" I countered but the men just looked at me. "I'm here to see Maja," I said. "Name." He said. "Angelo," I said. "Wait here." The black man said as he did a special knock on the door.

"Donny, what's wrong?" I heard Maja asked. "There's someone here to see you," Donny said before he stepped aside. My eyes washed over her before reaching her face. "He's not on the list. You want us to get rid of him." The white man asked. She thought about it for a minute. "Maja," I said. She rolled her eyes. "He can come in," she said.

Maja

After I told everyone about my son and Richard it felt like things had changed. When I did see the guys they treated me like I fragile. Tae couldn't look at me and my sisters were babying me. Then I had the trial breathing down my back and people on the internet calling me a liar and a slut. Then there's the fact that I'm black and Christoph is white and we live in Texas.

Because of the case, Christoph had developed an almost like cult following of men and women whose sole purpose was to call me a liar. They had been sending me threats and a couple days ago someone approached me when I was with Sami yelling a bunch profanity at us. After that my uncle and dad decided to get me a protective detail and tomorrow I was being moved into protective custody.

I had just limped to my bed when there was knock on my front door. I grabbed my crutches and walked to the front door. I looked through the front door to see Donny one of my bodyguards. "Donny, what's wrong?" I asked.

"There's someone here to see you," Donny said before he stepped aside. I looked to see Angelo standing in front of me. "He's not on the list. You want us to get rid of him." The Adrian asked. I thought about it for a minute. "Maja," Angelo said. I rolled my eyes. "He can come in," I said.

Donny and Adrian both mugged him as they stepped out of the way. "Who are those men?" Angelo asked as he followed me inside. "My bodyguards," I said. Donny came inside and stood off in the distance. "Bodyguard for what?" He asked. "Angelo, why are you really here?" I asked sitting on the arm of the couch. They had changed my full leg cast to just a boot so it was a little easier to move around.

"I will admit hearing you had a kid with that man was a lot." He said. "Hearing what happened to you and how no one knew I was angry. At your mom, your sisters, and your brother..." "There was no way they ever could have known. I made sure of it." I told him. "I know that. I wish I could just put my hands on him again. That's the real reason that I'm so angry. I wish I could just take away everything that happened to you." He said standing in front of me.

"Angelo," I said cupping his cheek before I hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me. "IS there anything else you need to tell me? Anything at all?" He asked making me laugh. "No, I promise that's all," I said. "Are you going to tell me why you have two bodyguards?" He asked me. "I've been getting threats because of the case," I explained as he followed me to my room.

~

We were both lying in bed as some music played softly. My head rested on his chest as he rubbed circles on my side. "Tell me about your son," Angelo said. I looked up at him to see his arm draped over his face. "His name is Demery, he's five," I said. "He's really sweet and kind. He sends cards for every holiday even the one you wouldn't think a kid would know about." I said. Angelo picked me up and put me in his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. "Am I hurting you?" He whispered in my ear. I shivered as I felt his lips brush against my neck. "N-no." I stuttered. I slowly drifted off to sleep with thoughts of Angelo.

A.N.

I'm going to try and do a double update for Evie and Que hopefully by next week

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.