Eighty-two

Angelo

"You two need to calm down." I heard Maja say. I opened my eyes to see her poking her stomach. "There is no fighting." She added. I chuckled causing her to look at me. "Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." She said. "It's fine. What's happening?" I asked rubbing her stomach. "It seems that our sons think it's funny to box with my organs." She said before rolling her eyes. "And now they want to calm down cause you're awake." She said with a huff. "Don't pout," I told her. "I'm not but I can just see it. You and the boys are going to be best friends." She said as I looked up at her. "The same way you and Sami are best friends." She smiled. "Ugh, it's going to be so cute." She cooed rubbing her fingers through my hair. I smiled before looking to the window seeing the sun had set. "We should get going. I told Omar to drop Dem off around 6 p.m." I told her.

We got home 20 minutes later, and Omar dropped Dem off sometime after that. After getting Dem situated, I walked into the kitchen to see Mj reading a letter with pictures scattered on the table. "What are you looking at?" I asked.

"My dad wrote me a letter." She said. "What's it say?" I asked as I sat next to her. "Richard's in there with him." She said. "Oh," I said watching her closely. Out of nowhere, she started laughing. I looked at her worried. "Baby—" "Two of my cousins, my Godbrother, and uncle are in there too." She said between her fits of laughter. She slid some pictures over to me. I looked at them before laughing as well.

"Damn," I said. "They greenlit him," Mj said with a snort. I looked at her laughing along with her until I saw her eyes begin to tear up. "I never thought I'd see the day that Richard got what was coming to him." She said as her voice shook. "He can't hurt anyone ever again." She continued. She wiped her tears before shaking her head. "Fucking hormones." She said with a soft chuckle. I cupped her face before kissing her lips softly. "It's okay to cry, laugh, or feel however you feel. Your emotions are valid, and I want you to know it's okay to feel whatever your feeling." I said. She nodded her head. "Thank you, papa." She said kissing me.

"Dad, can I have something to drink?" Dem asked as he walked into the kitchen. I smiled. I turned back to Mj seeing her smiling. "What?" I asked as I got Dem some apple juice. "Nothing, it's just I like seeing how happy you get when he calls dad." She said. "Here you go bubba," I said handing him his drink. "Thank you." He said before disappearing. "Come here," I said holding my hand out. She grabbed it and I led her into the living, and we sat together curled up on the couch.

--

A month had past and Mj was now going on 25 weeks. "Gelo, mama needs help getting up," Sami called from my room. I looked at Dem. "You good?" I asked him as he ate. "Yep." He said with a nod of his head. I headed back to my room to see Sami trying to her Mj get up. I stood in the doorway chuckling at the sight. Mj looked at me which made me pushed me into a full-blown fit of laughter. "You're not right." She said throwing a pillow at me. "I'm sorry baby," I said going over to help her. I wrapped arms around her waist before gently pulling her up. "There you go, mama," I said kissing her forehead. "I was never this uncomfortable with Dem or Sami. These little boys think my inside are a jungle gym." She whined.

I placed my hand on her belly softly rubbing circles. "We'll make this meeting quick and once we get home, I'll massage your feet, okay?" I asked. She leaned her head on my shoulder. "Okay," She mumbled. Sami ran ahead of us as I helped Mj into the kitchen. "Alright, you two finish your breakfast so we can go?" I said. "What do you want to eat, baby?" I asked Mj. "I can't eat. I'm too nervous." She said. "You need to eat something," I told her. She looked at Dem and Sami. "Here just eat some toast or bacon." I give a little of each.

Maja

After eating we took Sami to Dimitri's place before head to our meeting with the social worker. "Mama?" I looked at Dem as he sat next to me. "Yeah?" I asked. "Why are we here?" He asked. "You're going to be asked about how you feel living with us and Sami. I need you to be honest with them, okay?" I said. "Am I in trouble?" He asked. "No, of course not. These people just want to know if like living with us." I explained. He nodded his head. "Okay." He said. "Mr. and Mrs. Rossi?" Angelo and I looked up to see a man coming towards us. "That's us," Gelo said standing before helping me stand. "Hello, I'm Jonathan Pope but please call me Jonathan." He said. "Please follow me." The man said. Dem grabbed my hand as we followed Jonathan into his office.