Seventy-seven

Angelo

"What?" She asked looking at me with no emotion

"What?" She asked looking at me with no emotion. "I've been fighting—" "So you've been lying to me?" She questioned. "No, it's not like in the past," I said. "Then what is it? Because you promised me that you had stopped." She said. "I've been taking a mixed martial arts training class," I explained. She stared at me not speaking. "I use it as a stress reliever. Like how people go to the gym, it's the same thing." I said. "So it's not some underground fight club shit?" She asked. "No, any fights I'm apart of are monitored and controlled." She looked at me silently.

"You couldn't have said that to begin with?" She asked. I chuckled kissing her forehead. "How long has this been going on?" She asked. I dropped my head a bit. "Since I found out about the pregnancy," I mumbled. I looked at her seeing that familiar look of pity. I was tired of seeing that look. "Don't look at me like that," I said standing. "Like what?" She questioned. "Like you feel sorry for me," I said. "I don't." She said. "You do," I said. "I just know that Eva hit really hard and this pregnancy brings up a lot of hurt." She said.

I groaned. "Yes losing Eva hurt but I didn't start fighting because of the babies. It's you." I said turning to look at her. Her eyes widened. "Me?" She whispered shocked. I shook my head. "No, not like that, baby. I just meant that the last time you were pregnant I almost lost you. After the car accident, they lost your pulse, twice. You died twice. Then I left for maybe an hour only to come back to you coughing up blood and us losing our daughter. I cannot go through that again and I guess when I first learned about the pregnancy my first thought was that I was going to lose you." I said looking at her.

"That's why I'm so protective of you. It's why I don't want you to drive. It's why I can barely let you out of my sight. I'm worried about you constantly. Losing you would break me." I said. "Come here." She said. I stared at her from where I stood. "Mj I don't want to—" "Angelo come here." She snapped. I sighed sitting next to her. She grabbed me pulling me into a tight hug.

"I guess I just assumed that all these feelings you were having were related to Eva. I never even thought that you could be upset with me." She said. "I'm not upset with you," I mumbled into her neck. "I know I just meant you're scared. And when you're scared you handle that by being more aggressive. I'm not upset with you either, I just want you to be safe." She whispered as she ran her fingers through my hair. "And I am. I don't fight often. If I do I do it through the gym I workout at. I go the gym two to three times a week just to clear my head." I explained. "I'm trying to do this the right way now," I said looking up at her. I leaned into her gently kissing her. She cupped my face as I deepened the kiss.

Omniscient

As the heat between Angelo and Maja grew Maja pulled away from him leaving him yearning. "I can't." She said. "Why?" Angelo asked concerned. She looked down at her round belly. Although her bump was big for her to be about 5 months it was still on the small side overall. "Mj you look absolutely beautiful." Angelo comforted. "I know I'm beautiful but I don't feel as sexy." She sighed. "And even though I really, really want you right now. I feel uncomfortable." She mumbled.