One-Hundred & four

Angelo

"I'm okay. I'll see you once I get home." Maja said as her sobs calmed down. "Wait what? You can't just call me crying and say you saw Richard. MJ what is going on?" I asked. "I know I'm kind of all over the place, but I promise we'll talk once you get home." She said. I didn't question her any further.

"Okay, I'll see you back home. Please let me know when you make it home." I told her. "I will and I love you, Angelo." She said. "I love you too," I said calming down at her words. She hung up and all I could do was stare at my computer for a moment.

The day dredged on when I received a text message from MJ around 3 pm

MJ❤️: I'm home

I let out a sigh before I finished up the last of my work. around 4 pm I packed up my things and went to go pick up Dem and head home. I trailed his side as he ran to go find his mother. "Mama!" He yelled. "Inside voices," Mj called out before he raced into her arms. I walked towards her kissing her cheek before Dem started talking to her about his day. I then walked over to the twins greeting them before I headed upstairs to change.

The evening pressed on like any other and before I knew it the boys were all out for the night, hopefully. I walked into my bedroom to find Mj sitting on the bed waiting for me. "Are the boys asleep?" She asked. "Yeah," I told her. "Can we talk now?" She asked. I turned and looked at her. "You went to see Richard," I said.

"Yes." She said with a nod of her head. "How long have you been planning to do that?" I questioned. "After you went to see him." She said. I sat quietly giving her my undivided attention. "I was so angry that you went to see him. I was even angrier at how scared of him I still was." She spoke refusing to meet my eyes.

"He can't touch you and I would never let him," I told her trying my best to comfort her.

"I know that, and I love you so much for that." She said finally looking at me. "As much as I've grown the thought of you and Dimitri going to see him terrified me so much. He's not a good man. In fact, he's one of the worst men I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. And I hate to give him any further thought or power over me but hearing you say you went to see him made me realize I was still very much scared of him." She explained.

"A couple of days after you saw him I received a legal letter from him. In the letter, he stated that he would withdraw his petition of visitation and sign the custody papers in exchange for one thing." She said.

"To meet with you," I said. She nodded her head. I paused. "I know I shouldn't be mad because of what happened last week. I just—I don't like the thought of you being alone with him." I explained before I looked at her seeing a thoughtful look in her eyes.

I walked to her grabbing her hand and kissing it. "I get it." Was all I said. She gave me a sympathetic smile before.

"So, what did you two speak about, if you don't mind me asking?" I said. "He said he liked me." She spoke. My face twisted into confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well according to him he liked me more than just the sexual component. I guess he had romantic feelings towards me." She said. "Like he thought that maybe a relationship could be formed from what happened." She added. I grimaced at the thought.

"He's like 50 years older than you. He shouldn't have any feelings for you other than maybe fatherly." I said. "Speaking of fathers. He also admitted was awful at that also." Maja said.

"From what Hillary told you. There was no surprise there." I said with an eye roll gaining laughter from her. "He really fucked up his kids though." She said. I looked over at her.