Forty-six

😁NEW CHAPTER!!!!!😁

Maja

I smiled as I looked at him. He shifted slightly before he stretched and looked at me. "Good morning." He croaked out in his sleepy voice. "Good morning," I whispered. "Did you sleep okay?" He asked. "Yeah," I said looking away from him. "What's wrong?" He asked as he sat up. "Just thinking," I said with a shrug. "About what?" He asked as the nurse came in. "Good morning, sweetheart." Nurse Terri said.

"Good morning," I said with a small smile. She checked on a few things before she left. "What are you thinking about?" Angelo asked. I looked over at him. "My father," I said staring up at him. "Why?" He asked with confusion on his face. "After you left he came into my room," I mumbled. He opened his mouth, but I continued. "Yes, I know you left. I know you, Angelo. You're calculating. You think things through. You think of every possible outcome before you do anything. I know you." I said. A small smile made its way on his lips.

"What did your dad say?" He asked. "He said he was sorry for everything that happened," I said remembering what he said. "He said he was sorry for letting all that stuff happen in the first place. He said when he got the phone call about my wreck he thought I died. He said he thought he lost me. I could tell by his bloodshot eyes and tear stained face that he had been crying." I said looking at the door. "He told me he heard about what happened between me and Christoph. He swore on his life he would never let another person hurt me ever again." I looked back at Angelo as he stared at me.

"Whatever you guys are planning, call it off," I said with exhaustion evident in my voice. "What?" He asked sitting on the edge of the bed. "I want to see if my father is going to stand behind his word." I could tell exactly what Angelo wanted to say but he didn't. "I know I don't owe it to him, but I would be lying if I said I didn't still hope that my father would act like one and fight for me. Everyone's gotten to have a father in their life. You, Tae, Arnell, and Nadia... even Richard was a decent father to his kids at one point. I never had that, and I know I'm always talking about how I don't need a dad, but the truth of the matter is I just wanted mine to care." I said as my eyes watered. He didn't say anything instead he climbed into my bed and just held me as I cried. No words were needed at this point.

--

After crying yet again one of the nurses came in and helped me get cleaned up. I had just gotten back into bed when the door opened, and Sami ran in. I smiled as she ran up to my bed holding her favorite teddy bear, Zu-zu. "Here you go, mama." She said handing me the bear. "Aww, you brought Zu-zu," I said as she climbed up into the bed. "Uh huh she going to make you feel all better." She said moving my arm, so it was wrapped around her.

"Thank you, baby," I said hugging her. I looked up seeing my mama walking in with my siblings behind her. She came over and kissed my forehead. "How are you feeling baby?" She asked. "I'm fine," I said. "What happened?" She asked pulling up a seat. "All I remember is I was driving then I saw some bright lights." I paused. "But I'm okay," I said looking at my mom who now had tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry about everything that happened." She said.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Damon. I'm sorry that I wasn't there to keep you safe. I'm just so sorry." She said. "Mama I don't care that you're dating Damon. He's my boss and he's sleeping with or in a relationship with my mother. Do you get how that would put me in an awkward position? Then Damon came to me talking about your needs as a woman. If you two are dating or whatever it needs to be separate from my work life." I said. "You're absolutely right and I've talked to him about it. I just wanted to make sure you were okay with this if not ..." "As long as both of you keep my work life and your private life separate you can do what you want," I said.

Angelo

"What do you mean?" Arnell snapped. "She asked me to give him a chance to handle things," I said explaining what Maja asked. "No, we should stay the plan," Montae said. "Right we can't trust that Keenan is going to come through on this," Dimitri said. I listened as they all spoke about why we should keep moving forward with the plan. I sighed growing annoyed. "Shut up." I snapped causing them all to look at me. "Maja never had the chance to have a father and last night he took a step to show his daughter he cared. I'm going to give him a chance because Maja asked me too but if he doesn't handle it I most definitely will." I said looking at each of them.

"Fine," Nadia said before Arnell sighed and agreed with her. Montae and Rod both looked at each other than me nodding their heads before walking off. "How is the baby?" Dimitri said causing me to look at him and his brother. "I almost lost both of them, but they're good," I said looking at Maja through the door as she talked with her family. "Angelo?" The three of us turned to see my family rushing towards us. "What are you all doing here?" I asked as my mom and sister hugged me.

"Omar called and told us. He thought we already knew about Maja and the baby." My mom said. "I'm sorry everything happened so fast my only concern was Maja and my kid," I said. She gave me a sympathetic look. "How are they?" T asked. "Maja has a broken leg and a dislocated collar. She also has a lot of cuts and bruise, so when you see her try not to stare." I said. They nodded before they headed into the room. I looked at my boys and they all had the same look. "I'm good," I said giving them a half-assed smile. "You sure?" J.J. asked. "I will be once they're both out of here but you all should go see her." I smiled. They nodded their head still looking at me worried. "Angelo?" I looked to see my dad. "Sir?" I said. He just gestured for me to follow him. He led us outside and we took a seat on some benches.

He didn't say anything, he just stared. "I'm good," I said breaking the silence. He just continued to look at me. "Really dad I'm okay," I said as I broke eye contact. He grabbed my shoulder and it felt like there was a lump in my throat and my vision became blurry. "I put her in that bed," I said as my voice cracked. "No, you didn't." He asked. "Had I not been fighting again she would never have gone to talk to him and she wouldn't be in that hospital bed," I explained. "That's not your fault and Maja wouldn't say it was either. You need to focus on your girl and your baby. Worry about them and stop beating yourself up." He said. I nodded my head. Although I still thought I was partially responsible I was just going to give all my attention to Maja.

--

All our people stayed the entire time they were allowed before they had to go. Maja stares at me for awhile before she asked me when was the last time in showered. "Umm....." I trailed scratching my head. "Boy go home and take a shower." She said laughing. "I meant do I just didn't want to leave you two." I tried to justify. She smiled. "And I love that you didn't but for my nostrils please go home and take a shower." She said holding her nose. I stood laughing before I leaned over and kissed her. "I'll be right back." I told her as I sat my hand on her stomach. "Okay." She said nodding her head. After Maja made me leave to go take a shower and clean myself up, I was heading back to her room just as she was being rushed out. "What happened?" I asked one of the doctors. "She started coughing up blood. We have to take her into surgery now." Another one said. "One of us will come out with an update as soon as we can." She said before leaving standing alone in the middle of hallway.