Only Kings Deserve the Best

Y/N P.O.V.
Growing up in my village we we're never very wealthy. My mother had passed away from cancer so my father took care of me from a young age. We lived in a small little cottage just outside of our town. Today was a very very special day. It was the annual Kings Ball. The King has not found a queen so he continued each year to find one. I had never seen the king myself for you need to have a beautiful ball gown and be over the age of 21 to go. The king only 23 had very specific requests on what woman he wanted and I guess he hadn't found it. I was making lemon poppyseed bread when my father walked in and I smiled. I took my oven mitts off and walked over to my father helping him with his coat. "Good afternoon father how was the bakery this lovely day?" I asked with a smile kissing his rosy cheek. "Wonderful my dear daughter there were many many people in town for the ball this evening." He said with a smile. "That's great father hopefully one day I can work there and you can finally take a day of rest." I say as I walk into the kitchen and check the soup I had been boiling. Creamy chicken dumpling. "What are you cooking in here sweetheart?" My father said walking into the kitchen looking over my shoulder at the soup. "Creamy Chicken Dumpling soup, Mother's recipe and a loaf of lemon poppyseed bread." I said with a small smile. He kissed my forehead and sat down at the table. "You remind me more and more of your mother each day." He said with a soft smile. "Is that a good thing?" I asked and turned my head towards him and he nodded. "Of course. Which is why I think it's time I give you something very very special that your mother gave me to give to you before she passed away." He said and I turned the soup off and wiped my hands on my apron. I hung it up on my chair and followed my father up the stairs. Into his bedroom. He open his large closet and pulled out a very large bag. He set it on the bed and stepped back. "This is for you." He said softly. I smiled and opened the bag gasping.

 I smiled and opened the bag gasping

"Father...." I said speechlessly. I look up at him with tears in my eyes seeing he had tears in his as well. "You know how much your mother loved to sew. Well she started this right after you were born. She did some every day, she finished right before she got sick." He said and I hugged him tightly. "She told me that when the day of the ball comes to give this to you and bring you to town to get your makeup and hair done and then bring you to the ball." He said and I smiled up at him. "Y-your bringing me to the ball?" I said and he smiled with a nod. "You better get dressed its 10 to 6 and the ball starts at 7. Ms.Farrow said she'd be more than happy to help you with hair and makeup since you come in and help her sometimes." He said and I hugged him again. "Thank you so much father. I love you." I said softly. "I love you too sweetheart and I always will." He said kissing my forehead and then walked out of the room. I quickly put the dress on and tied it up. I looked at myself and smiled widely I cannot believe I'm going to the king ball. I held the dress up and walked down the stairs. I saw my father taking out my bread from the oven and turning out stove off. The was a medium sized box on the table with my name on it. "Open it." He said with a smile. I gasped again.

 I gasped again