"Can't Sleep?"

Y/n P.O.V.
I don't know how we had even began arguing. All I knew was we were now in bed. And I couldn't sleep. My grandma always told me, never go to bed angry at one another...and I couldn't shake that. I slipped out of bed and shuffled into the kitchen. I warmed up some water grabbing a bag of tea that I have for going to sleep and I put it into my mug. I stood staring out the window as the snow blew around outside. This time of year was supposed to be the happiest. The most wonderful. There were songs about that. And yet here I stood on the verge of tears because my boyfriend and I weren't getting along. "Can't Sleep?" I heard his low voice say and I jumped slightly. I didn't know he had gotten up. "Yeah..." I said with a sniffle. Trying to pull myself together. I didn't want him thinking that I was crying over this situation again... I had cried three times already. And though for some that may not be a lot, for me once was a lot. I hated crying. It felt so unnatural to me. I hated it. I heard him walk and sit down at the kitchen island. I didn't turn around, I knew he was looking at me with those eyes that would make me upset. He sighed and I closed my eyes. "Can we please talk?" He asked softly and I felt my lip quiver. "I don't wanna." I said as tears streamed down my face. "Do you not want to talk or do you just not want to cry? Because I think I know the answer the that." He said and I covered my face with my hands. I heard him get up and walk towards me. "Can I hug you?" He asked and I nodded. He pulled me into his arms and I sobbed. I gripped at him tightly not wanting to let go. I had missed him so much. And he had been on the road so much lately with his heel turn and being champion that it was hard for me to not feel upset and angry when he came home. To make matters worse when he was home he would go hangout with his cousins and friends and I would again be at home by myself. "Let's just go into the living room and sit down and talk okay?" He said rubbing my back and I nodded. We walked into the living room, the Christmas tree lighting up the space as we sat down on the couch. "Can you remember what we were arguing about?" He asked and I nodded. "A little bit. You came in pretty late and didn't text me." I said and he nodded. "Baby I can't help but feel like that wasn't the thing that set you off though. What do you need to talk to me about? I can clearly tell something has been bothering you." He said and I sighed. "I feel stupid. Because I feel like I need to grow up and be an adult but I get so lonesome for you. And I don't know how to make you understand how it feels when you get home and then don't spend time with me. And I'm in a spot where it's like I don't want you to think you need to spend every waking moment with me but damn we only get a little bit of time. And I hate not being able to spend that time with you when I spend so much time without you here. And it's hard. It's hard to keep smiling every single day without you here. I have bad days and I have no one to come home to and hold me and it hurts. It's hard for me. I feel like you don't want to spend time with me." I said as tears streamed down my face. I heard his breath hitch and I looked up at his tear stricken face. He wiped my tears and I did the same for him. "Why didn't you tell me this before?" He asked as he sobbed softly. It made my heart hurt. This is why. I didn't want to upset him. "I didn't want you to be upset, or feel like I'm making you choose between me and y-your job and friends. I don't want to make you upset." I said and he held me close as we cried. "Baby...don't feel like you have to hide stuff from me that's making you upset ever. I don't feel like you are making me choose between anything. Your feelings are valid baby. They are. I'm gone a lot. And I didn't realize how much it upsets you when I'm home and I go do stuff with my friends." He said and I sniffled. "But I don't want you to think that you can't hangout with your friends. I just I miss you." I said and he nodded. "Would it help if I brought you with to hangout with them? I know you aren't a super big fan or sports or videos games but you could come with. I also admit I do spend a lot of time with them...maybe we can start having stuff here too. And I can cut down on spending so much time with them. You are my world and I need you to know that." He said and I looked up at him and nodded. "You aren't worried about your friends making fun of you for bringing me with?" I asked and he shook his head. "I don't give a fuck what they think. If you need me, you have me baby." He said and I smiled and nodded. "I was gonna wait until Christmas but I think I should give you this gift right now. It seems like the right time." He said as he stood up. He walked over to the tree reaching into the middle of it. I looked at him confused as he walked over to me with something in his hands. He took in a deep breath looking at me. Before slowly he kneeled down on one knee. My eyes widened as my brain finally processed what was in his hand. A ring box. My jaw dropped as I covered my mouth with my hands. "Baby. I have loved you since the moment I first saw you. I never want to ever let you go. Please, will you marry me?" He asked me and I couldn't speak. All I could do was nod. He smiled widely and I pulled him to me for a kiss. "I love you. So so much." He whispered as I grinned. "I love you more." I said with a laugh and a sniffle. He slid the ring onto my finger and I finally got the chance to look at it.