The Move (Multi-part Story)

Adam's POV

I finally moved near James. It was still a drive over but I could always make the trip. It was also close to James. I started to unpack a punch of my stuff. I got some stuff set up but there was still a lot so I went to get some help.

"Mmmmmm talk to me." James said sounding tired. I could tell he was tired because I called him during his normal sleeping time. "Hey James. I'm here." He seems a little more alive once he hears my voice. "Adam! Hey how was the move?"

"It's a lot of work. I was going to ask you and Jaiden to help out if you could." I asked.

"I'll be right over. Wait, where are you?"

"I'll drive to you. But your gonna have to help me to get to Jaiden."

"Sure thing. I'll see ya. Don't forget to wear your seatbelt." James told me.

"Like I'm ever going to forget." I said hanging up and getting into the car.

James and I drove off to get Jaiden and we got back in the car to head over to my house. "What should we put out first?" Jaiden said. "Maybe the bed." James suggested. I agreed as we all worked to put it together. "Adam, I don't think that's where the leg goes." James said. "This is the leg?" Jaiden looked at the picture we took of the bed. "Yeah he's right. That leg goes on the left near the end."

"Which end?" I asked.

"Not sure."

"It's the long end." James said.

"Yeah which end is the long end?"

"The bigger one."

"Which is?"

"I think it's actually the short end." Jaiden said.

"Which end is the SHORT end." I said not aware I raised my voice.

"Calm down Adam. We can do this. All we need to do is look at the directions." Jaiden said.

"We don't have them." James said.

"Have you guys tried looking it up on the internet?" Jaiden suggested.

We both started at her like idiots. I saw James cheeks slowly turn slightly pink as I felt like slowly warm up as well. "Uh....no." he finally said. Jaiden laughed as she looked up directions. We looked up directions for the rest of the furniture that was broken down to for in boxes. We took a break to eat some food.

"So Adam, do you like the new place." Jaiden asked. I looked around before answering. "Yeah it's gonna be fun living here. I think we can do a few more hours and then have some fun." We all finished lunch and got back to work. By 5 we finished almost haft the boxes. Jaiden had to leave early just leaving me and James.

"Your house looks like it's coming together Adam. Guess I should let you get used to it." James said looking kinda sad but still understanding. "You know...I still don't have a mattress. And I know you like it when I come over and we haven't seen each other in a while so maybe we could hang out for the night?" James smiled. "Great!" I loved it when his face lit up with excitement. We both got out and drove to James house.