In This Together (Finally)

Today, was the day. About 20 years ago, a demon fell in love with an average yet odd human. Through many adventures and fights, the bond between them was strong. Strong enough to fight against the world. Strong enough to raise their daughter to be be an animator. Strong enough for each other.

It was June 10th. The day they met. The day they posted a collab. The day Adam proposed. The day they got married. The day Ella was adopted. This date meant so much to them. It was the story of their lives.

"Jameson, can you come outside for a second?" Adam asked. James walked outside to check on his husband. Adam noticed that James was wearing his sweater.

"You remember this sweater?"

"How could I forget? You had that in when we first confessed feelings for each other."

(OG readers remember this. It was from the first few chapters!)

James at on the ground next to Adam. They cuddled together, enjoying the fresh summer air. "So, why did you want me out here?" James asked

"I have a song for our anniversary. I wanted to share it with the man I love." Adam said. He wrapped his tail around James' wrist as he began to play.

"Looking back,
feels so bittersweet.
I never imagined what we started
could mean so much to me.

It might bs true
we passed the golden years.
But let them say what they want
I'll be politely disagree because it doesn't mean much if you're where you want to be.

So scream if you're there.
It just isn't fair.
Alone in a nightmare.
We're not going anywhere.

Don't tell me it's over,
that all things to end.
I think love lives forever.
Cause we're in this together!

Tell where do we go from here?
Do we just burn up and disappear?
Or will you still be next to me
like you were back when we were 23?

James applauded Adam for his song. Adam took James' hand and got down on one knee. "Jameson. We've been together for so long. We've made YouTube videos, got married, raised a child, and here we are today celebrating us. Every time I look at you I feel like I'm still 21, when I fell in love with you for the first time. I'm so glad that I get spend everyday with you. So I wanted to know, if you wanted to redo our vows together? James, will you marry me again?"

Tears filled up in James' eyes. He had the biggest smile on his face. "Of course I will." James whispered. James pulled Adam into a soft kiss. The two hugged and sat closely together. "To another 20 years." James said. "To another lifetime." Adam said. The two enjoyed their time together, peacefully. They knew nothing could break the bond they had. They were in this together.

•~•

The song isn't mine. It's Solidarity. It was a Brony song for the MLP fandom but I felt like it worked here too. We came together. From a few people making stories on an app to a huge group of people. Artist, animators, writers. We made something of our own. We should be proud of that. Be proud of all the friends you made. Be proud that we brought people together. I'm proud. I'm proud that I grew to make this amazing audience. I'm proud that I made friends here. I'm proud that I got to share so much with so many of you. I'm proud that my stories made an impact on you. Even if Jadam isn't real, we are a community. We are together. Together we are strong. So don't look back at this book, at any book, sadly. Look back proudly. Because you, we, made something amazing. Something special.
Something odd.

Thank you for reading.

-UnipieWrites